Surviving Minnesota!

My birds were pretty upset this morning.

I have not fed them for a couple days. They have been making a terrible mess spreading feed everywhere for about 6 ft around the feeders.

I told them the other day they had to clean up what they dropped on the floor before they got anymore.

Today it was finally cleaned up. I split one bag between the two feeders and left it at that. You would have thought I never feed them the way they rushed me. I will fill the feeders tomorrow.

I can normally go a week on two bags. But it would have been too hard to fight my way through the starving birds to fill the feeders.

I think the three eggs I got 2 weeks ago were a fluke. Nothing since then.
They probably ate them in spite

I know how dux go down in this thread, but my lovely ladies thought they would outsmart the snow and fly over it. After they landed up there I think they realized they were so very wrong.
140010297_716946439195640_8527383536296782595_n.jpg

My birds were pretty upset this morning.

I have not fed them for a couple days. They have been making a terrible mess spreading feed everywhere for about 6 ft around the feeders.

I told them the other day they had to clean up what they dropped on the floor before they got anymore.

Today it was finally cleaned up. I split one bag between the two feeders and left it at that. You would have thought I never feed them the way they rushed me. I will fill the feeders tomorrow.

I can normally go a week on two bags. But it would have been too hard to fight my way through the starving birds to fill the feeders.

I think the three eggs I got 2 weeks ago were a fluke. Nothing since then.
Mine were cranky this morning too, but it was more the cold than the empty feeder. It was (mostly) empty, but they forgot about that as soon as they saw the container of grapes and egg shells I had in my hand. They did, however, continue to complain about the cold ALL. DAY. LONG. The dust bath grand canyon they dug in their run was frozen, and that's just not acceptable. At least they have a run this year. I finally threw a scoop of scratch in there so they'd shut up. I feel bad for my poor roo.

Back
Top Bottom