Suspect of being roosters 🤣

ChickenMama684

Hatching
Apr 16, 2024
Hello!

I’ve had these chicks since beginning of March. The feed store said they were a mix. RIR and Black Australorps. Now I have 9 of them…I’m guessing 2 BAs are Roos and 3 maybe 4 RIRs are Roos. The BAs have bigger combs than the other two and much stockier and thicker legs with bigger feet than the other two. Same thing with the RIRs bigger, redder combs, wattles coming in red, much thicker and stockier legs with the bigger feet than the other RIR. They also show rooster behaviors, fighting one another (the ones I believe are Roos only fight each other and they leave the others alone) they will come at me in a vicious way when I’m feeding them or moving them around. 🙄🤦🏽‍♀️
IMG_1912.jpeg
IMG_1907.jpeg
IMG_1905.jpeg
IMG_1906.jpeg
IMG_1899.jpeg
IMG_1903.jpeg
IMG_1910.jpeg
IMG_1914.jpeg
I’m attaching pictures of the ones I suspect are roosters. As we know they’re hard to take pictures of so this is just a guess.

They’ll be hopefully moving permanently outside this weekend! My garage will thank me! 🤣

Everything I see looks like a hen. 6 wks, right? Also, it may be your lighting. If you could get natural sunlight on those combs, that would help to tell if they're pink or not, right now they all look yellow. But by 6 wks the male combs should be bigger. They all look female to me.

Note - for some of the marans, the pinking at the base of the comb on the head doesn't mean the chicken is male. My FBCM hen did that. It just stays pink on the head at the base of the comb for a while, but the comb stays pale yellow and doesn't grow until approaching age of lay. Some hens do that.

Sounds like you have some sassy hens. Enjoy your chickens!!!

Hello!

I’ve had these chicks since beginning of March. The feed store said they were a mix. RIR and Black Australorps. Now I have 9 of them…I’m guessing 2 BAs are Roos and 3 maybe 4 RIRs are Roos. The BAs have bigger combs than the other two and much stockier and thicker legs with bigger feet than the other two. Same thing with the RIRs bigger, redder combs, wattles coming in red, much thicker and stockier legs with the bigger feet than the other RIR. They also show rooster behaviors, fighting one another (the ones I believe are Roos only fight each other and they leave the others alone) they will come at me in a vicious way when I’m feeding them or moving them around. 🙄🤦🏽‍♀️ View attachment 3802896View attachment 3802897View attachment 3802898View attachment 3802899View attachment 3802900View attachment 3802901View attachment 3802902View attachment 3802903I’m attaching pictures of the ones I suspect are roosters. As we know they’re hard to take pictures of so this is just a guess.

They’ll be hopefully moving permanently outside this weekend! My garage will thank me! 🤣
They are all pullets.

Back
Top Bottom