Sussex County Poultry Show NJ May 15th

I'm going - I'll have to see what the feather situation is before I sign them up. My Partridge cochin looks like she'll blow a molt - she just KNOWS when I need her for a show - did it to me last year, too. I always go up and coop-in the night before. We should really get together - all of us from this site - at the show. How 'bout noon in the food/sale tent? I could make some signs to hang up. It's great to put a face to the name.

I bought a SLW bantam frmo Brody's Broodello last year
smile.png

ME! ME! I am planning on coming this year! I have a silky pullet I could show but I have no clue how to do it. (Not that I think she would place but it would be fun and good to know what I am doing when I do have some really nice birds) Do I need to get tested 1st or do they do that at the show? Do you just fill out the form, pay and show up?

yup. fill out the form, send in the money with it. i'm not sure how testing works with this show...? i forget. they either don't require it (but its really good if you have it just in case they check) or they have a day that they do it for free and you just go to the fairgrounds and they test one of your birds that your showing. that's what they used to do at least. i'm not sure. you could email the person in charge about it to find out.

oh, and by the way, Vern is adorable
big_smile.png
but i can't get anymore roosters or my mom is going to kill me hahahahahaha. i only have 8 birds (plus more if my broody hatches her 6 eggs) and 3 of them are boys.
roll.png
plus i'm getting 15 bantams from ideal this May. so i'm gonna have to stick with hens and pullets.

Justme - you have to get your birds tested for pullorum for the show. It's more like an honor system. I've never been asked, but I think NJ law requires it, and I always have my certificate with me just in case. You can contact the NJDA website and ask who is the tester in your area. As I recall, the birds must be tested within 10 days of the show.

Back
Top Bottom