Sussex County Poultry Show NJ May 15th

So, I don't mean to sound like a goober, but is this show pretty big? I was going to come last year but it's 100 miles from where I live.

The reason I ask is that I went to a "local" show last year in Pennsylvania (which was scheduled for a Sunday). When I got there, NOBODY, not a single person was there. I got there early in the morning, too. I'm just afraid if I go nobody will be there:oops:
I don't want to drive 100 miles and get there and nobody will be there...

But I'd love to go and meet other BYC'ers!!!!!

The show is not 'huge' but I really like it. There's so many chickens to see and I always love to talk to breeders and see what people are selling. I'm actually kind of surprised that this thread is so slow this year. Last year's 'Sussex CO fair' thread was really popular and there were a decent amount of BYCers going. Whether the drive is worth it or not is up to you. We don't live very close to other fair sights so my family and I take this opportunity like a gift. But if we lived 100 miles away, we wouldn't be going unless I was exhibiting myself.

Judging by how few people seem interested in this thread this year, I think it's safe to say there won't be too many of us.

I went last year. I switched with someone at work so I could have the day off. I bought my first 6 chickens. This year, I'm scheduled to work and don't want to arrange for the day off to go just so I can look at the chickens. I'm full to capacity right now, so no shopping.

It was my first "chicken thing," and I thought it was nice. Definitely a lot of birds, not just chickens. And there was plenty in the sale building.

At the fall show, there were over 900 entries. I coop in the night before and stay over, and spend all day Saturday chit-chatting and taking pictures and checking out the sales and the ticket auction. Chicky Laura, if you want to meet there I am definitely going. Like I said earlier, I will make some signs and have all of us meet at noon in the food/sale tent. Don't know yet if I'll be showing - waiting to see how the feather situation is first - but I'll be there. When you said no one was at the other show, did you mean from BYC?

The other show was at the Bloomsburg fairgrounds in Pennsylvania. I don't know if others from BYC were there or not. It was advertised as a sale on Saturday (which I went to), and a show on Sunday. We went early on Sunday and nobody was there. Not a single person. Oh well!

Anyway, 900 entries is quite a lot of entries! Wow! I'm not sure if I'll be able to go or not, but if I do go I'll let you know! Thanks!
big_smile.png

Is anyone going to have show quality bantam cochins or silkies in blue, black, splash or lavender? Chicks, eggs or adults? I want to get some little birds that my kids can handle and show. Well, DD(4) wouldn't have a problem with LF but DS(8) needs some more docile birds, LOL

Back
Top Bottom