Sussex NJ Poultry Show

cool thanks. I plan to get there around 9 or so. The prices to rent out the cages arn't bad at all
smile.png

Quote:
I have never seen them auction anything. Usually by end of day people are packing up and aside from pigeons there hasnt been much left. Most of the good stuff is gone and people just take em back that I have seen. An auction would be fun. I think it was $3 a cage and I usually hang my cell number on it after a while so I can go do what we want and someone can call me. The man who watches the cages will sell for you if you want, he helped me out one year anyway, the other people called me and I just went back, but I gave him some extra $$ if he took care of selling. I have never seen them run out of cages! Wow that would be a lot for sale! Last time I took roosters and some hens and sold almost everything. Some roosters met their end that day but they had to go. I think about the one guy, who was honest enough to tell me what he was doing and I told him he could not have my big white boy because he had earned to live for all the protecting he did...the bear got him
sad.png
It was cold and rainy in August though I think so I hope it is warm Saturday for my chicks. Lets see weather says.... yea sunny in the morn high of 73 then clouding up for rain on Sunday it looks like, when they say 30% chance of rain I do not think it rains often. Gotta go feed all those chicks I can not wait I am excited this will be great! I will try and work on something we can use to identify ourselves.

Quote:
Been there done that!! Had two that I would have sold you as hens and MONTHS later started to crow. I also had one I purchased as a girl start to try and crow and lay eggs after that!! UGh how bizzare!! lol but we were glad because we got to keep her.

At least the rooster had a loving home
smile.png
. It will be hard to let ours go since he gives the girls treats and warns them of dnager. He even pecks them off some pieces of grass and feeds it to them. I will be in a white GMC yukon with tinted windows. The vehicle is debadged. I myself will be wearing a Chevy hate with chevy logo on the front and it says "CHEVY Trucks" on it. I feel like I should have bought a BYC shirt
tongue.png
If I can find my fave t-shirt I will wear that. On it it says "chillin' with my peeps" with 3 peeps next to eachother. I think its dark blue in color. I hope to find that one
smile.png

I was told the other day, there is no auction anymore
sad.png
there auctioneer is not there any longer. So anyone who wants to be an auctioneer lol? I like the auction. The cages I was told were $3, but I bet ALOT if not all are full already. Though they may set up extras if needed. I will be there
smile.png

warrior, how long you been going to this show. Last year was the first year they did not do an auction lol. And they are getting strict about wanting people to stay with there sale cages. At least at the fair part they do. You have to sit there if you want to sell anything. ?I don't know if the show is different from the fair or not as far as there "rules" but I have always seen the people who are selling stick around. I may even get a cage or 2, I have 4-5 roos to get rid of lol

everyone should just wear one of those

My name is:

signs lol with our id name on them so we know who each other is lol. I would love to meet more bycers in the area lol

I have 4-5 cochin rooster that I might bring with me. I have 2 buffs, a partridge, a black and a blue (black and blue from jeanette)

anyone want first dibs so I don't have to bring them with me lol

Quote:
That's a shame! I loved the auction. It was a great way to get rid of the extras!

Yeah, last year they sold out of cages real fast, but let me keep the birds in my own cage and either didn't charge me or only charged me a dollar. I figured that worked out just fine!

Back
Top Bottom