Swamp Farm Startup 0_o

1632945534009.png

Chicken Butt

0_o

So a chick has a thing....

Uhhh.. like a placenta hanging from the back?

I saw some unabsorbed yoke online but.... placenta looking, flat, dangely meat is what im seeing here... no yellow color or anything.. chick seems fine....tired but fine.

Advice? 0_o

Pics in a few

i found something im good at..

Unfortunately its killing chicks.

,0_o

I had some temp problems the last couple days.
Also i think i put a few in a day early so i have 10 hatching 3 died hatching one had unabsorbed yolk so i tried to keep it still but it got out of the warm wet sock and pulled its insides out with cord while running around.

,,0_o

Another has smaller yolk but a bit weak... let it dry out and later saw it sleeping on edge of water tray so i went to move it....and decided to give it a dropper feeding... i screwed up and a clog squirted in its mouth and drown.... literally tried chickie cpr....

....... 0_o
Just a min

5 left one dried sticky...dont wanna touch it cuz with my record i might just turn it inside out on accident like aliens beaming up cows or what ever 0_o

And 1 is a little tired / lame looking like it just came out but at least 6housr after coming out.

I refilled bug farm #1 and added some screen so only bitty ones can get in so i will never have grown chicks digging to the baby grubs again...
Then built 2 more 55 gal bsf farms.

Pig got into egg nest for breakfast got 6 or 7 i think... snuck in last night and made herself at home in the hey then rolled over in the morning for breakfast in bed.

i redid the network and optimized my hard drive array and played with some more settings on the cams.
I set up a live server for guests to view and move chicken cams around or whatever and im trying to figure out how to link it to my web site so people can view it with out opening up my network. (later me's Problem)

Green house in front is officially green lit will do as i feel like it and will have it done in time to open up for chickens to eat at leisure whatever reaches threw the screen.

Someone laid an egg just a bit bigger than a quarter... one that small is a common anomaly (not something to be concerned over) and not viable.... correct?

It probably matters so i should add that the egg is from a chicken not one of the Goats... Still waiting for them to start laying.

Hopefully Soon.... He has been checking out the nest. 0_o

1633560730781.png

Last edited:
Someone laid an egg just a bit bigger than a quarter... one that small is a common anomaly (not something to be concerned over) and not viable.... correct?
They're called fairy eggs, fart eggs, wind eggs, etc. Not too unusual especially from new layers, hens resuming lay, etc. They often don't have yolks so no would not be viable. Smaller eggs shouldn't be hatched anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom