Swaps, Auctions, Trades, or Shows in Iowa?

Wooo hooo. I'll be at ALL the burlington swaps. First one I'm not planning on selling anything, but at all the subsequent ones I should have EEs, BOs and maybe BLRW chicks for sale!

Myself and Wyanluv plan on attending the 04/05 swap. My husband said he's even going to join us, Wow! can't wait! I'll have lots of horse tack for sale, Wyanluv will have some chickens, I will also have some hatching eggs.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
What kinds of chickens will Wyanluv have? What kind of hatching eggs will you have? I might also be interested in some of the horse tack
smile.png
I'm still trying to decide if we have enough to sale there or if we are just going to look and maybe buy at the first swap.

I bought all of Wyanluv's breeding stock (Black cochins, SLW and GLW.) I'll have Silver Laced Wyandottes for sure, and possibly Golden Laced wyandottes hatching eggs. It depends on if I get the breeding pen built in time for the GLW's. She will be selling some STD cochins and maybe some others. She's getting into breeding BBS Jersey Giants... very pretty birds!!!

The SLW's have awesome fertility. The last hatch Cathy did before hatching had 100% hatch rate!!!!
woot.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm getting out of horses. I kept my best mare back, still have her, but am going to find her a home. So, I'm keeping some bare essentials and my favorite headstall in case I get another horse someday, but the rest of my tack is going to be sold. I have 2 pretty good saddles, bits, headstalls, halters, blankets, a wheeled saddle rack, winter blankets, saddle pads... you name it, I prolly have it for sale.

I'm looking forward to meeting you at the swap!

Quote:
I've seen him there lots so it will be easy to find you
smile.png
My mom wants to get standard cochins. I really want Blue Orps but I doubt I'll find any of those there. I might bring some mixed chicks to sale from having my flock running around all together to stay warmer for the winter if I don't just go ahead and sale them at Kalona. I also want a pair of Snowy Calls, a Buttercup rooster, and a couple Phoenix hens. We'll see what shows up. My fingers are crossed.

:yiipchickFarmgirlie, you should talk to Wyanluv about her Buttercup roo, she doesn't need him, I'm sure she would sell him to you.

Farmgirlie, Wyanluv just told me that I have a black Cochin roo that she got from you. His name is Jose, and he's my husband's favorite rooster.

Quote:
He was a sweetie. I was sold a pair of Black Cochins as young chicks that both turned out to be roos so we sold them as we had no hens for them. Now my mom wants to get some again except this time really a hen and a roo. LOL Glad he has a good home
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom