Swatara Township, Harrisburg PA-Need some help!

Is there info anywhere here to give us some information to take to the township meetings to get them to start discussing changing the ordinances?

For Swatara Township the rule is you may have chickens if you are zoned agricultural, and have over 5 acres.

I want backyard chickens (hens) on smaller properties approved. ;-)

They initially told my daughter she could have them, and they would get back to her on how many, she told her 2 year old and they were deep ion panning when she got a return call saying no she can't have them unless she has 5 acres and is zoned agricultural..Needless to say my grand daughter is heartbroken.

Thanks for any advice, and links to info we should arm ourselves with!

Shannon

Is there info anywhere here to give us some information to take to the township meetings to get them to start discussing changing the ordinances?

For Swatara Township the rule is you may have chickens if you are zoned agricultural, and have over 5 acres.

I want backyard chickens (hens) on smaller properties approved. ;-)

They initially told my daughter she could have them, and they would get back to her on how many, she told her 2 year old and they were deep ion panning when she got a return call saying no she can't have them unless she has 5 acres and is zoned agricultural..Needless to say my grand daughter is heartbroken.

Thanks for any advice, and links to info we should arm ourselves with!

Shannon
Well I live in swatara township Oberlin and there's some people out here with chickens roosters in the yard up the street from me.

Back
Top Bottom