Swears

ShrekDawg

You are loved.
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 18, 2008
SE Massachusetts
So I've noticed on the new site the swears don't seem to censor? Some do but a lot don't.. not that I'm trying to swear lol but I admit I have done it twice so far and had to gone back and censor it myself or just remove it when it didn't censor. At first I thought it was just minor ones like the s word that means poop but it's some of the bigger ones too. Anyway, I don't personally mind seeing them but I thought I would bring it up because I know in the past before the switch you had placed a big emphasis on being a family friendly site and I am sure that still applies.

That said, I haven't really seen any, just when I tried it once in PM (conversation) and once in a real thread (which i removed). But now that I know some don't censor I will try really hard to avoid them. Although even when they did I should have tried and will. I just swear a lot in real life (trying to cut back) so I have to really try to remember NOT to online. And in real life. Haha

Anyway, sorry, rambling now, but I thought you would like to be made aware some swears do NOT censor.

And if you want I can test it somewhere myself to let you know which ones do and don't to eliminate some work

Ideally we'd like to avoid as much censoring as possible. We definitely prefer to have our members censor themselves. :)

Instead of having the system automatically censor words, we'd rather have members report other members that are using inappropriate language so are moderators can handle that situation directly. Otherwise if the swearing is in private messages, then it should be dealt with between the two individuals in the message.

Ohhh okay, I hadn't even thought maybe it was on purpose haha I wasn't sure if it was an accident with the new system or not but maybe you did it on purpose. :)

Either way, it's actually good because now I have to really try and practice not swearing. I'm trying not to swear in real life too so maybe this will help! :)

i swear so much in real life :oops: :(

Back
Top Bottom