SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, we're getting three new ducklings - one WH, one Cayuga, and one Blue Swedish (This may change, but probably not)
I've had experience with ducks but never Blue Swedish, and I have some questions.

We're ordering from Metzer's:
"All the progeny from these crosses will be the correct blue color." - Metzer's. What color is the 'correct blue color' on a Blue Swedish? I think I have the general idea, but there seems to be a lot of different colors and shades of Blue Swedish, so just wondering. Pictures are welcome
smile.png

Last edited:
So, we're getting three new ducklings - one WH, one Cayuga, and one Blue Swedish (This may change, but probably not)
I've had experience with ducks but never Blue Swedish, and I have some questions.

We're ordering from Metzer's:
"All the progeny from these crosses will be the correct blue color." - Metzer's. What color is the 'correct blue color' on a Blue Swedish? I think I have the general idea, but there seems to be a lot of different colors and shades of Blue Swedish, so just wondering. Pictures are welcome
smile.png
I think they just mean that they breed 100% blue from their pure black/silver sources. If you breed blue together, you would get 50% blue, 25% silver and 25% black. For them to control their hatches, they keep a black and silver breeding stock (no blues) and sell they blue ducklings that result from those pairings. BTW here is a Metzer Blue Swedish I have, Roxette:

0.jpg

(Just some old pics / vids)

I think they just mean that they breed 100% blue from their pure black/silver sources. If you breed blue together, you would get 50% blue, 25% silver and 25% black. For them to control their hatches, they keep a black and silver breeding stock (no blues) and sell they blue ducklings that result from those pairings. BTW here is a Metzer Blue Swedish I have, Roxette:

0.jpg

(Just some old pics / vids)

Thank you for the info! Roxette is so cute and beautiful - and that video is soo sweet! Sleepy trust!
big_smile.png

Happy Valentines Day from my beautiful Sweeds, Simon and Garfunkel...

And Happy Valentine's Day to you too, Simon and Garfunkel.

Precious, precious family members. I love their accessories and their spread set before them. They are extremely cute. I love her downward turned little face in the bottom pic. Bless her.

Fun pictures, they are so beautiful. Glad to hear they tend to be a friendly breed. I am getting a Black Swedish! Also a Cayuga and 3 Pekin. My first experience with ducks, sooooo excited I can barely stand it!

Fun pictures, they are so beautiful. Glad to hear they tend to be a friendly breed. I am getting a Black Swedish! Also a Cayuga and 3 Pekin. My first experience with ducks, sooooo excited I can barely stand it!

Cayugas are soo pretty! Their feathers turn purple and green in the light, and they lay grayish eggs. They are friendly, too.
I feel you! Ducks are very exciting! When are you getting yours?

I'm also awaiting an order of ducklings. 16 females, I'm so exited! It's a wide variety of breeds.

Back
Top Bottom