SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
My family and I are going to be new Blue Swedish duck owners as of tomorrow. We Have a 10x10 kennel for there outdoor area and a 6x6 coupe. I hope that is enough room for them we are getting 4.We will keep them in the house for a few weeks and then move them outside. How long should we keep them in the house before we move them out? i have power to the coupe so there will be year round heat if needed, I have a sun shade for the kennel area so they are not in the sun all day. Any Help from the members of this thread would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
The Therrien Family

I am new to ducks and put 12 blue Swedish duck eggs in the incubator.. Last night we candled them, day 12, and 11 are growing.. Since this is my first time. I was very excited and surprise to see them moving!!!..I honestly did not think I would have that many developing,
I have some research to do on these guys, if anyone has any information they want to share, it would be great... At what age can they be sexed, and how... etc very
I was very pleased to find a Blue Swedish duck thread...

That is wonderful.. Although I can not help I will be learning along side of you... looking forward to learning more on raising duck.
thumbsup.gif

I got two ducks two weeks ago which I now know are khaki campbells, and within a few days of having them I discovered ducklings are too cool to only have two so I got three more when a new batch came at the feed store, including one black swedish, one blue swedish, and one I'm not sure, I think white layer or pekin. They are more like dogs personality-wise than I had imagined, no two are the same. The black swedish is quite confident, first one to test things out that are new. The blue swedish is more observant, goes along with what the others are doing except if he/she sees a fly before they do she's on it instantly.

I got two ducks two weeks ago which I now know are khaki campbells, and within a few days of having them I discovered ducklings are too cool to only have two so I got three more when a new batch came at the feed store, including one black swedish, one blue swedish, and one I'm not sure, I think white layer or pekin. They are more like dogs personality-wise than I had imagined, no two are the same. The black swedish is quite confident, first one to test things out that are new. The blue swedish is more observant, goes along with what the others are doing except if he/she sees a fly before they do she's on it instantly.
They are so cute.

My eleven wee baby blue Swedish arrived today! The post office called bright and early, and the lady nearly refused to give them up, she was so attached to them just from holding onto them while I drove down there. We are equally infatuated already. Can't wait to raise these little guys and learn more about them!

Conked out after a good meal and drink:

Wee cuties:

...and conked out again.

Alright Swedish folks, I have a questionable one. This gal, appropriately dubbed Swedey (a play on sweetie, she can be such a sweetheart) has the typical Black Swedish markings, but she is already 3 months old and is TINY. I got her at TSC with a group of mallards and she's always stayed the same size as them. I can pick her up in one hand. Not knowing which hatchery our TSC ordered from, I don't know.. is there a possibility she's not pure? Maybe mixed with mallard to make her so small? Or could there be something wrong with her? (I raised them on Niacin and a bit of ACV) I thought Swedish were meant to be quite large ducks..?
Pardon her disheveled appearance. She'll never forgive me for posting her so poor looking LOL, she's usually a beautiful, prissy thing, but instead of dry and frolicking in the grass, I shot her wet before a bath in the house. :p

Hi everyone! My ducks are nearly a month old and are feathering. I was wondering is there anyway to tell make/ female apart? Do I just wait and see who lays eggs? Any advice would be fantastic thanks!

My female Blue Swedish runs but just makes a circle around the other females and ends up back in the same spot, she seems to not pay much attention to him but it is obvious HE DON'T like her.

Back
Top Bottom