SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Quote:
No idea, hopefully someone here has some good advice. Maybe rehome one of the drakes or get more ducks? I'm not 100% sure the sex of mine yet. My Black Swedish and Pekin are last year's and girls. I'm pretty sure the Blue Swedish I got this year is a girl based on the fact she talks as much as the Pekin. Not sure on the Khaki Campbell I got with her.

Oh, and I got an egg from Daffy this morning if it gives you hope! Have you (or anyone else) found that when they go awhile without laying the egg has a lot of bloom on it? Daffy's always look dark gray for the first couple, then they become indistinguishable from my Pekin's.

No idea, hopefully someone here has some good advice.  Maybe rehome one of the drakes or get more ducks?  I'm not 100% sure the sex of mine yet.  My Black Swedish and Pekin are last year's and girls.  I'm pretty sure the Blue Swedish I got this year is a girl based on the fact she talks as much as the Pekin.  Not sure on the Khaki Campbell I got with her.

Oh, and I got an egg from Daffy this morning if it gives you hope!  Have you (or anyone else) found that when they go awhile without laying the egg has a lot of bloom on it?  Daffy's always look dark gray for the first couple, then they become indistinguishable from my Pekin's.

I'm not sure about the bloom. But I'm sure I'll find out soon! I'll post when she starts laying again. ;)

My Black Swedish broke her leg earlier in the year. A trip to the vet confirmed it. He offered to pin it but I opted out. Already spent $125 for the x-ray and exam. She was isolated for a month and healed nicely but last week I think she re-broke it (Disco mounting her probably was a contributing factor). So I took her to a neighbor who has a lovely, huge pond and an injured wild Canadian goose. They are getting along great! The Black Swedish (who my neighbor named Fern) swam right up to the wild goose, Patsy. Fern had never been in a pond, only the water troughs at my place and was so excited to be able to swim and not touch bottom. It was so cute! So as this picture shows, they're pals. Hopefully she is healing again since she is able to keep weight off that leg. Another mixed relationship with a good result!

Hello to the group, so happy we found you. Some timeline pics of our girls, 4 days to 16 weeks.

This last is before I installed their pool off of the veranda. Their spoiled we know, but so are all of our animals. The love of an animal comes with no strings attached and knows no bounds.
love.gif

Last edited:

This is my little guy. Can anyone tell how big he will get? He seems so small and he's 4 months old. My one month old pekins are bigger than he is and he gets picked on by our aggressive older pekin drake!

Back
Top Bottom