SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
Our latest hatch of Blue Swedish!

Will you post up new photos? Did you vent sex? If so what aw your ratio?

This is my little guy. Can anyone tell how big he will get? He seems so small and he's 4 months old. My one month old pekins are bigger than he is and he gets picked on by our aggressive older pekin drake!

At 4 months I wouldn't expect him to get much bigger.

I have 8 2 week old Swedish Campbells.Duck is 'white' Black Swedish and Drake is Khaki Campbell - my avatar here. Very cute! Her is a link to watch them live if anyone is interested http://www.ustream.tv/channel/critters-in-our-classroom If you can't see they are probably sleeping under the cam in the shade.

How do you get a white Swedish? I thought they were only Blue, Black, or Splash?

She is supposed to be a Black Swedish, but she hatched yellow and looks like a Pekin
big_smile.png
I called the breeder I had gotten the eggs from and he told me that about 15% carry the recessive gene and hatch out yellow. I still didn't believe him until her first eggs hatched out looking like Regular Swedish of varying shades from black to brown
wink.png
Amazing how her Swedish genes - though they show recessive - are still more dominant than the Khaki Campbell! Nature is crazy, but ducklings and ducks are cute no matter what!

So, my girl, Spot, FINALLY started laying again after moulting. It took her from the end of April until mid-July - about 10 weeks - before I started getting eggs from her again. That's a LONG time! Sheesh!!

Back
Top Bottom