what could a vet possibly do

I have seen some vets talk about this I can't remember where, But I do remember they do a splint with some sort of straight rod in it to slowly realine or push the bones to set correctly. I don't know about the major foot but definitely don't put it off! I know in puppies swimmer syndrome or any deformity is so important to start right away.

I had a goose that hatched crippled like yours. I spent thousands having him casted until adult sized, then surgery with pins/rods to reset bones. He was able to live a pretty normal life for 3 years, but the leg eventually broke down (he was a heavy-set dewlap toulouse), and he threw a blood clot resulting in pulmonary embolism.

Attachments

• spirit flapping wings.JPG
    spirit flapping wings.JPG
    307.6 KB · Views: 3
  • spirit in soft cast.jpg
    spirit in soft cast.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 3
  • spirit standing front view.JPG
    spirit standing front view.JPG
    700.2 KB · Views: 3
  • spirit 4.10.2013.JPG
    spirit 4.10.2013.JPG
    538.6 KB · Views: 3
I had a goose that hatched crippled like yours. I spent thousands having him casted until adult sized, then surgery with pins/rods to reset bones. He was able to live a pretty normal life for 3 years, but the leg eventually broke down (he was a heavy-set dewlap toulouse), and he threw a blood clot resulting in pulmonary embolism.
wow, thanks for sharing ! He's beaautiful <3

Back
Top Bottom