SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I'm not currently interested in showing and two have decent proportion bibs just kind of splotchy. The breeder I got them from told me they were black swedes. Overall they seem to fit the profile, the smallest of swedes has no white that I've seen. I've read they're on the watch list so next spring I'll be on the lookout for them a blue drake, with a good bib and the white wing tips to throw some possible better proportions on the swedes. My rouens are very pretty in my opinion, but are much easier to find near me. Your silver swedes are very pretty :)
O gosh, I'm not interested in showing either, lol but I thought I'd mention it... maybe the bib ratio determines if they are pure bred?? :idunno Here's a picture of our black Swed. It's not a good one because she is laying down but this is pretty much all the white she has.
So georgous... What is her name? We all do have spoiled ducks.. :highfive:We love them so much.. They have so much personality.. More expressive compaired to our chickens.. Even our kids like the duck's.. Not the chickens to much.. :th

Last edited:
Hmm see yours has kinda brownish head, believe it's called rust. None of mine have brown that I've seen. Brown is instant fault in a swede from what I've heard. I'm primarily just interested in preserving the breed now that I know more about it. I love all you duckie people :)

Oh and I'm not criticing your swede, she's lovely. Personally I think all colors should be allowed as long as they have good body, shape and bib.

I am glad that you bring up a fault.. Personally we are not breeding for preservation, so I don't mind knowing more.. I feel more educated, thank you.. I am reposting the photo. I want to see if it will still look focused.

The one on the right has such pretty color, almost like violet in a bunny. Very consistant pretty color. The left has a darker head but still very pretty :) the bib is a little splotchy but much better than any of mines :)

Hmm see yours has kinda brownish head, believe it's called rust. None of mine have brown that I've seen. Brown is instant fault in a swede from what I've heard. I'm primarily just interested in preserving the breed now that I know more about it. I love all you duckie people
smile.png

Oh and I'm not criticing your swede, she's lovely. Personally I think all colors should be allowed as long as they have good body, shape and bib.

Her head actually has more of a green sheen to it. It doesn't show in this light. No worries offending me, lol... heck, she may not even be a Black Swed for all I know or care
big_smile.png

So georgous... What is her name? We all do have spoiled ducks.. :highfive:We love them so much.. They have so much personality.. More expressive compaired to our chickens.. Even our kids like the duck's.. Not the chickens to much..
th.gif

Thank you. Her name is Boo. She was very timid and stand offish for the longest time. Definitely spoiled! She was a loner and went unnoticed by the boys until we got rid of 5 of them. It wasn't until our male Khaki's matured that she was noticed by the opposite sex, lol. Our Blue Sweds sure caught the boys eyes though. Even after getting rid of 5 drakes, now at 1:6, their heads are still bald
sad.png

The one on the right has such pretty color, almost like violet in a bunny. Very consistant pretty color. The left has a darker head but still very pretty :) the bib is a little splotchy but much better than any of mines :)

We are enjoying watching the color & pattern change.. Check out the contest for BYC 2015 calendar. Not sur did a duck can enter. Probably has to have a chicken in the photo..
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/893232/2015-byc-calendar-your-pictures-needed

So georgous... What is her name? We all do have spoiled ducks.. :highfive:We love them so much.. They have so much personality.. More expressive compaired to our chickens.. Even our kids like the duck's.. Not the chickens to much.. :th
Thank you. Her name is Boo. She was very timid and stand offish for the longest time. Definitely spoiled! She was a loner and went unnoticed by the boys until we got rid of 5 of them. It wasn't until our male Khaki's matured that she was noticed by the opposite sex, lol. Our Blue Sweds sure caught the boys eyes though. Even after getting rid of 5 drakes, now at 1:6, their heads are still bald:(
They are so beautiful.. How long will it take for their head feathers to grow in?

this is my black swede female, Aura, the only female out of my 4 black swedes
she is so beautiful, she shimmers green, blue, and purple. She also has the least uniformed white chest compared to my other swedes

These are my 3 boys, The one in front is Finn, and he has a lot of white for wing tips, and the largest white bib

These are my blue swede girls, Greta, and April with Finn and my Pekin Ravioli. I will probaby show them next year.

And last but not least, Chet my male blue swede, the biggest male in my flock and not the brightest either.
I know this is a lot of photos for one post, but I have a bunch more on my profile of them, I love them so much.

Back
Top Bottom