SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics
I know there is a book that gives the exact criteria for show quality. It's mentioned early in this thread. Prolly page 12 or so. I know can only show blue swedes. The bib needs to be fairly uniform, not motted or spotted. The bib shouldn't go around the back or too low, not below the breast. They should be of decent size and broad breast.

Ahh, my blues are nicer than my blacks. More uniform. My only hen is also a blue. I will go back and look for that book. Thanks.

Yeah breed blue to blue you get blue about half the time, breed black to blue anywhere from 1/4to 3/4 blues will hatch but black to black will usually get all black offspring. Recessive things can occur though.

I know there is a book that gives the exact criteria for show quality. It's mentioned early in this thread. Prolly page 12 or so. I know can only show blue swedes. The bib needs to be fairly uniform, not motted or spotted. The bib shouldn't go around the back or too low, not below the breast. They should be of decent size and broad breast.
The book is called the standard of perfection and is published by the APA. If I remember I'll dig it out and look up the info on swedes for those interested

I wish I had known about this forum before I got my ducks. My two blue Swedish I bought online as females which they are but I don't no if they are well bred. I want to breed for preservation. they will be mainly for eggs but they still should have good conformation for good egg production. I would not mind going to some shows been to many horse shows and dogs never ducks, annarogetta those are very good looking sweds.

They are growing up too fast

Thank you for all the lovely comments about my swedes!!! If anyone is curious where I got them, I purchased them on efowl.com, I shipped them with the grow food stuff, and everyone came in heathly, they are a great service considering that it is a fairly large fowl company, and provided me with my beautiful babies

Back
Top Bottom