SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am fairly confident i have a blue Swedish duckling here. I purposely picked out one with more splotchy coloring similar to an Ancona or something and less like a Swedish. We were just looking for a pal for our Rouen hen and wanted something interesting so we picked up a Cayuga and this little baby

I am fairly confident i have a blue Swedish duckling here. I purposely picked out one with more splotchy coloring similar to an Ancona or something and less like a Swedish. We were just looking for a pal for our Rouen hen and wanted something interesting so we picked up a Cayuga and this little baby

usually swedish duckling have a yellow bib that becomes white feathering that will take their place. sometimes they have white tips on their wings. but black swedish ducklings are black with yellow chest, and blue swedish ducklings are gray/ slate blue/gray, with a yellow bib. but that duckling look like it could be a splash or sliver. it certainly has splotchy feet like a swede though. I never had a splash/ silver swede so I can't be the one to say it is 100%. My blue swedes when they were babies, were a solid gray/slate color with the bibs

usually swedish duckling have a yellow bib that becomes white feathering that will take their place. sometimes they have white tips on their wings. but black swedish ducklings are black with yellow chest, and blue swedish ducklings are gray/ slate blue/gray, with a yellow bib. but that duckling look like it could be a splash or sliver. it certainly has splotchy feet like a swede though. I never had a splash/ silver swede so I can't be the one to say it is 100%. My blue swedes when they were babies, were a solid gray/slate color with the bibs
I think you're right with the Splash. I've gone through the hatcheries site and the Swedish is the only duck that matches this one. I will update as we go.

So is a splash Swedish still my best bet until feathering sets in a little more? Do these markings look like anything else? I have looked at the list of breeds over and over from the hatchery but keep hearing sometimes there are surpises that aren't listed.

So is a splash Swedish still my best bet until feathering sets in a little more? Do these markings look like anything else? I have looked at the list of breeds over and over from the hatchery but keep hearing sometimes there are surpises that aren't listed.

Adorable!!! Please keep posting pics. They grow so fast & I love to watch the transition from duckling, to bowling pin, to adult.
smile.png

Adorable!!! Please keep posting pics. They grow so fast & I love to watch the transition from duckling, to bowling pin, to adult.
smile.png
I've got a crested duckling, a rouen duckling, a black swedish duckling, a peking duckling, a cayuga duckling and this little one. My wife is so upset the Cayuga and this one won't even let her hold them anymore.

I've got a crested duckling, a rouen duckling, a black swedish duckling, a peking duckling, a cayuga duckling and this little one. My wife is so upset the Cayuga and this one won't even let her hold them anymore.

We know the feeling. My kids are used to cuddling their chickens & most will jump up on their laps. They were devastated when our Swedish Blue woke up one morning & decided she didn't want to be held or even touched anymore. If we even look at her too affectionately she starts fussing. We love that funny, independent girl!

Back
Top Bottom