SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm beginning to have my doubts about it being a Swedish at all. Today there are some belly feathers coming in and they have horizontal black and brown stripe patterns. I'm terribly confused with this bird.

That is a bit strange. My Blue Swedish is just starting to get true feathers, so I have no comparison to give you. Sorry. I hope it is whatever breed you want it to be.

I have two Swedish ducks one is a blue and the other is a silver/splashed they are sisters. One of them lays good sized eggs, and the other lays smaller ones. Is there an egg size difference between the two or is the other duck just not as healthy?

I have two Swedish ducks one is a blue and the other is a silver/splashed they are sisters. One of them lays good sized eggs, and the other lays smaller ones. Is there an egg size difference between the two or is the other duck just not as healthy?

Sometimes it is due to poor nutrition but if they have recently started laying, her eggs will likely get larger. Just make sure she gets to eat well and it should improve soon.

I have a Muscovy drake and he keeps breaking the fence and ripping the silver Swedishs feathers out does this have any thing to do with it?
Sometimes it is due to poor nutrition but if they have recently started laying, her eggs will likely get larger.  Just make sure she gets to eat well and it should improve soon.

Protein deficiency, boredom, or crowded living quarters can all lead to feather pulling. You might try increasing his protein but keep him away from her for now. Do a search on Muscovy Drake problem here on BYC. Others have talked about this problem before and that is where I pulled this info from. Best of luck to you.

Back
Top Bottom