SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the others our very late. I well give tell Sunday and put them to rest. We got the ok from neighbor on a ant issue to put traps down. On her side of the wall bug killer and weed killer. So maybe next hatch will look better

Protein deficiency, boredom, or crowded living quarters can all lead to feather pulling.  You might try increasing his protein but keep him away from her for now.  Do a search on Muscovy Drake problem here on BYC.  Others have talked about this problem before and that is where I pulled this info from.  Best of luck to you. 

thank you I will try to increase his protein and try to keep him occupied.

My blue swedish female stopped laying eggs a few days ago and i checked her vent and it was realy cracked and split. Is this because she layed too big of an egg or is it something else because the last egg she layed was huge

Ouch! I have no idea, but I would try to keep some kind of antibacterial ointment (triple anti-biotic ointment without pain relief or vetrycin) or on it fairly frequently while waiting for an answer from someone with a clue. I do know poop and sub-dermal anything don't mix.

Mine where not laying and had a hard time for a little while I had it in duck and chicken. So I washed them in epic salt for a few days. One came back in 24 hrs and the others a few days later.

Back
Top Bottom