SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think she had a prolapse .and when she layed the last egg it became so inlarged that it just killed her. She was fine an 1 hr 1/2 before. We have a water system coming hooked to the hose. So if I leave they should be ok. We also have a mister going to happen very soon. Birds or two hot even in shade. It will make it 20 degrees cooler in there. Right now I lightly spray it down rake twice a day just to cool dirt off a bit. It seems to be working. I put a tarp over baby birds and ducks. Spray younger ducks down. They like it.

I think she had a prolapse .and when she layed the last egg it became so inlarged that it just killed her. She was fine an 1 hr 1/2 before. We have a water system coming hooked to the hose. So if I leave they should be ok. We also have a mister going to happen very soon. Birds or two hot even in shade. It will make it 20 degrees cooler in there. Right now I lightly spray it down rake twice a day just to cool dirt off a bit. It seems to be working. I put a tarp over baby birds and ducks. Spray younger ducks down. They like it.

So sorry for your loss.

I also invested in a misting fan but any misting system will work with a fan blowing . It cools it off by a good 20 degrees. The only problem I worry about with that is creating an environment for moldy conditions so I use it sparingly.

I have heard to let them sit in warm water for a prolapse. I never had that problem though so I don't have experience with that.

go to the coop hold one duckling at the time to listen to their voices , Females are loud and their voice remind you of Quack Quack, if it's low hissing or raspy voice more likely it's a male. But at different ages they might sounds in-between till they develop their distinct difference such as the male ducks (Drakes) will grow curled upward feathers on it's tail around 12 weeks old or age or so.

Usually Male ducks are larger than female..

I am at 3,000 ft-mountain rage 2,000 ft at the center of town. I am in between. Still trying to get a hang of water crystals. It's been crazy around here. Don't have time to get on much. We made a few changes around here. Humidity pads came so did the water fountain we ordered.maybe weekend it will slow down.

My Swedes are 3-1/2 months old now and look fully grown. My males have their curly tail feathers and while they were in the pool this morning, my male tried to mate with the female. After a couple of tries, he just sat on her, lol I'm glad the water wasn't too deep.

Back
Top Bottom