SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you know how they fair in the snow? I see you are in LA, probably not an issue for you. ;)

We don't have alot of snow but i read ducks do better in the winter then chickens. They are supposed to be very cold hardy. They do still need protection from the elements. :) we have a house we lock them up in at night and they stay in a yard during the day. We have stray dogs on our property all the time so I didn't want them loose.

Do you know how they fair in the snow? I see you are in LA, probably not an issue for you. ;)

We don't have alot of snow but i read ducks do better in the winter then chickens. They are supposed to be very cold hardy. They do still need protection from the elements. :) we have a house we lock them up in at night and they stay in a yard during the day. We have stray dogs on our property all the time so I didn't want them loose.

Mine are locked up at night in a chain link kennel with a house inside. I let them free range my yard during the day. We are fenced in and I have been fortunate and blessed to not have any problems.

Mine are locked up at night in a chain link kennel with a house inside. I let them free range my yard during the day. We are fenced in and I have been fortunate and blessed to not have any problems.

That's our plan next year. This winter our whole fence blew down. Can't keep anything out of our yard now. :(

I used fence to enclose the top because anything else tends to make it blow over. They have the duck house that looks like a large doghouse for shelter.

I used fence to enclose the top because anything else tends to make it blow over. They have the duck house that looks like a large doghouse for shelter.
I have an enclosed kennel with a coup. That is inside my enclosed yard and mi e also free range during the day. The neighbor does have a dog so i do not want tbem going over a fence accidentally.

Come winter i will cover the kennel to keep smow out and use Styrofoam insulation on the outside of the coop to keep it warm.

Back
Top Bottom