SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Neptune!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
Yay. That is a cool name. Heehee.

Loved it alot. Keep posting. Loved the action shots. Opie showing off is so cute. Juice is an awesome momma. And my boy Neptune. He a show stopper.

I have a mix of blue splash and black Swedish ducks (about 4 ish months old; 3 male and 3 female) just recently my fiance and i noticed that one of the blue splashed males has been charging our black male when he tries to get treats or be around the other ducks. It seems that he has been doing this a lot more, so the one duck is hesitant to go around the other ducks to keep from getting chased away. we have been watching and it is only the two ducks involved so far, so we have taken the one duck who was chasing and we now currently have him inside the house in a wire enclosed dog kennel away from the group entirely. We also had him inside the same environment the night before and early afternoon today, we tried to let him back out with the group, but he only did the same behavior with the same duck.... Does anybody have any suggestions on what we can do to maybe either break the cycle or is this behavior a natural way for them to establish their pecking order; because the chaser and our third male duck who hasn't had any bad behaviors do not have any issues... Should i simply keep and eye on them and let them do their thing? Another side note; my fiance has read that females tend to get louder quacks when they are near laying and we are wondering if two of our three Swedish are getting close to begin laying eggs due to more frequent and louder quacks. Does anybody know if that could have anything to do with our male ducks acting up?? Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated !!! :)

Thank you for the help! I will check out their website. Sorry about your girl
1f622.png

And oh yes, they would definitely have their own pen.

I am thinking I might finish the new chicken coop first though, it's almost done.

I have my 8 ducks with my 4 chickens in the same pen and they do just fine but I let all of them free range all day

Back
Top Bottom