SWEDISH Duck Thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apart? As in Male or Female? At about 8 weeks you can tell by the voice if they are male/female. The female will make a definite "quack", loud, the boys will kinda hiss, quietly.
Hope this helps.
Ha Ha I answered this twice, once from the Pekin thread. Sorry!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1073315/voice-sexing-your-mallard-derivative-duck

My second post of this as well
big_smile.png

Hi everybody I am new to this forum my name is Alyssa and I'm from Minnesota and I have a question about ducks I have 6 baby duck that are going to hatch on the 3rd of April and are being mailed to me and each duckling is going to become a pet for me and my boyfriend and our 4 children. What do I need to know about having them as pets? We have to Jumbo Pekin and black Swedish we are very excited we have a baby starter kit that has feed and the baby diaper harnesses which diaper harnesses would you guys recommend after they are bigger or even now?

Hi everybody I am new to this forum my name is Alyssa and I'm from Minnesota and I have a question about ducks I have 6 baby duck that are going to hatch on the 3rd of April and are being mailed to me and each duckling is going to become a pet for me and my boyfriend and our 4 children. What do I need to know about having them as pets? We have to Jumbo Pekin and black Swedish we are very excited we have a baby starter kit that has feed and the baby diaper harnesses which diaper harnesses would you guys recommend after they are bigger or even now?
Welcome to Duckdom!

I would set up the brooder, with a safe thermometer in there, I would put a wet towel in the brooder, turn on the heat, and make sure you can keep the brooder the proper temperature.

I would have gro-gel on hand, and sav-a-chick, and poultry vitamins with electrolytes and probiotics.

Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks is a good book. More expensive, but more comprehensive for pet ducks, is the Ultimate Pet Duck Guidebook. Disclosure - I support the Majestic Waterfowl sanctuary, and money from the sale of the book goes to the sanctuary. I do not receive anything from them other than notes of thanks.

And there is a sticky, here, on Raising Ducklings. The Sticky link is at the top of the Duck Forum index in blue.

Here is the Raising Ducklings link. But I want you to know about the Stickies. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711

Back
Top Bottom