Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Don't know anything about 55 Flowery Hens-maybe they have a more aggressive nature. Grumpus really is a cute guy-he has a marvelous comb and his wattles seem large for his age. I'm glad he stands up for himself, especially among so many adolescent males!

I have heard from most of you that Swedish Flower Hens are the among the sweetest chickens in your flock. My SFH, Elsa, is somewhat of a diva. I guess the jury is still out as to whether she is Elsa or Elmer-will have to wait until she/he lays an egg or crows. She is almost 15 weeks old now and still no comb or wattle development, like Grumpus has. She does act like a cockerel at times, but not sure is that is just her "leader of the flock" behavior, since I have no rooster. I put a mirror in the pen yesterday, and she could NOT get enough of herself! The others (2 Black Australorps and 2 Easter Eggers) checked it out, then went on to do other things. Elsa was enchanted by her reflection and spent much of the afternoon in front of the mirror. I'd like to think that proves she is a girl and is admiring her beautiful feathers, but it could be that she is a roo and is challenging that other chicken! What a character!

Don't know anything about 55 Flowery Hens-maybe they have a more aggressive nature. Grumpus really is a cute guy-he has a marvelous comb and his wattles seem large for his age. I'm glad he stands up for himself, especially among so many adolescent males!

It sounds like she is for sure a pullet. Current picture please!:wee

One with the mirror & her would be icing on the cake!

Elsa1.JPG
Elsa2.jpg
Elsa3.JPG

Here are some pictures of Elsa from this afternoon. I interrupted her doing some rearranging in her coop (throwing chips around), but when I called her out, she came to do some posing. First thing she saw was her mirror!

Back
Top Bottom