Whose baby is that? @Bulldogma

Too bad there's a crest....(Only in my world I imagine
tongue.png
)

Whose baby is that? @Bulldogma

Too bad there's a crest....(Only in my world I imagine
tongue.png
)
This one came as "packing peanuts" with Magnus (my snoleopard colored boy).
big_smile.png

Quote:
Oh...Leigh, are your birds back out ranging or are they under lock and key?

I have my egg layers and meat birds free ranging. I have a group in the hoop coop in a poultry netting paddock.

I'm very pleased to announce the arrival of 4 new babies under first-time mom, Astrid. Astrid is a half-sister to Ginger who raised a number of her own broods last year.

And whilst photographing the new arrivals, I felt something on my feet. Looked down to find I had Cornish Cross slippers on!

How many eggs did Astrid start with to get those 4 cute little buggers? I have eggs under a broody right now. With it being my first broody hatch, I am trying to figure out what my expectations should be.

How many eggs did Astrid start with to get those 4 cute little buggers? I have eggs under a broody right now. With it being my first broody hatch, I am trying to figure out what my expectations should be.

She started with 6 but she went broody in everyone's favorite nest box, so the other girls kept kicking her out or laying eggs on top of her. One was clear and one blood ring. The other four did great once I moved her to private quarters.

jumpy.gif

I'm a new Swedish Flower Hen owner and would like to add information about them on my webpage. I'd like to post pics of mature birds but since I don't have any I need to ask the Swedish Flower Community here if they have any pictures they would share with me? Feel free to PM me and let me know what pictures you have to share. I'll be happy to post credit/link back if you'd like.

Last edited:
I'm a new Swedis Flower Hen owner and would like to add information about them on my webpage. I'd like to post pics of mature birds but since I don't have any I need to ask the Swedish Flower Community here if they have any pictures they would share with me? Feel free to PM me and let me know what pictures you have to share. I'll be happy to post credit/link back if you'd like.
frow.gif
Welcome to the SFH breed and this thread! You are going to love SFH! How many SFH do you have? How old are they? Where did you get yours from? Not trying to be nosy, but we love hearing about everyone's flocks. Do you have any pictures of them? We love pics of SFH on this thread. I'll look through my pics to see if I have some you can use until yours grow up.

Last edited:
I'm a new Swedish Flower Hen owner and would like to add information about them on my webpage. I'd like to post pics of mature birds but since I don't have any I need to ask the Swedish Flower Community here if they have any pictures they would share with me? Feel free to PM me and let me know what pictures you have to share. I'll be happy to post credit/link back if you'd like.

I have pics of mine at http://www.kmvfarm.com/gallery but ask if you do use any, do not remove the watermark and please link my website?

Thanks for the welcome - I have two sets. My two oldest about 8 weeks old I hatched from shipped eggs I bought off of ebay from Rognkat580 out of Blair Oklahoma, then I have a dozen 3 week old chicks from Larry Duncan in Indiana. I'm excited to have them and hope they grow up to be beautiful birds. I love the mille fleur color. Last year I started a mille fleur cochin project but they have proven to be poor layers and I'm just about ready to throw the towel in with them. I hope for better success with these birds.

Here's a photo of my youngest chicks:

Back
Top Bottom