Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Bulldogma - I was curious (can't remember what you said about her possible parentage) if you think your snoleopard was an Ali baby. I have a SFH pullet that I bought from another breeder about 6 weeks ago. She is all white with just a few hints of blue in her feathering - no red at all. She is gorgeous and I just had to have her! (I know, I need to get pics of her
hide.gif
) I am wondering if she carries the red restrictor genes like the snoleopard.
KY - the white ones stay white. No - Ali isn't a carrier. She has some red feathers that are a real red... they're just hidden under all the white ones. LOL! Her chicks tend to have a tad bit more color than her, but not much. So far all the Ali babies make up for what they lack in color, in personality and friendliness!

And I shall call them my "friendly eggs!"

I can tell Ali's eggs apart because she always puts a few darker freckles on them.
big_smile.png

Nope, no 5 toes. I think its just a dark tuxedo, lol.

LOL! It does have yellow on the face and belly though? A black SFH should have lighter points as a chick. I just want to make sure because no matter how careful I am, mistakes can happen... after all, I have kids.
hmm.png

Yes, on the face and belly. We'll see how it grows out but I don't thing its a mix.
smile.png

LOL! Yaaaaaay! If it has the yellow, it is most definitely a pure SFH! All my Silkies hatch black with no yellow at all (not to mention the 5 toes and black skin/beak/legs).

I look forward to seeing how this one grows out!

Very frustaighting situation on my shipped sfh eggs :(

I had 4 make it to LD, hatch due late yesterday.
I had 1 internal pip - was peeping this am so I was excited & expected it to hatch.
(4 my own EE hatched yesterday, 1 today)
tonight the remaining eggs were silent.
I hada very large olive egger egg wrong end pip & die , investigation revealed it was simply too large to turn in the egg.
So I opened the was peeping now silent sfh egg & found a perfect chick, it appeared to be in the correct position but I broke the shell a little too much so it wasn't possible to know if it could actually move to reach the egg shell or not - I'm guessing not and that would be why it didn't external pip. So very disappointing.

I have 1 remaining shipped egg that was due, is alive on candle but not yet internally piped. (I guess it is slightly behind the others, likely a cold spot in the bator??) anyway now I'm sitting on my hands hoping it will actually be able to hatch. I'd really like this one sfh from the shipped eggs...it was very hard having heard the one peep yesterday then go silent & finding it looked so perfect in the shell. Cross your fingers for this one last egg, the hatched EEs are calling to it too.

Also, the 4 super large Flo eggs are not looking very good, it is early but I think one is not fertile or non-started (The Roos are covering her 6x+ a day and the mutt EE eggs that hatched are their babies so any issue would be w/ Flo or her oversized eggs) , one looks like blood ring but I'll give it a couple more days to be sure, there are 2 more set a couple days later which are too early to tell w/ my candling setup.

I do have a couple of the sfh pullet eggs still going due in a few days but not counting them yet that is for sure!

I had 1 internal pip - was peeping this am so I was excited & expected it to hatch.
I hada  very large olive egger egg wrong end pip & die , investigation revealed it was simply too large to turn in the egg.
So I opened the was peeping now silent sfh egg & found a perfect chick, it appeared to be in the correct position but I broke the shell a little too much so it wasn't possible to know if it could actually move to reach the egg shell or not - I'm guessing not and that would be why it didn't external pip. So very disappointing.

I have 1 remaining shipped egg that was due, is alive on candle but not yet internally piped. (I guess it is slightly behind the others, likely a cold spot in the bator??) anyway now I'm sitting on my hands hoping it will actually be able to hatch. I'd really like this one sfh from the shipped eggs...it was very hard having heard the one peep yesterday then go silent & finding it looked so perfect in the shell. Cross your fingers for this one last egg, the hatched EEs are calling to it too.

Also, the 4 super large Flo eggs are not looking very good, it is early but I think one is not fertile or non-started (The Roos are covering her 6x+ a day and the mutt EE eggs that hatched are their babies so any issue would be w/ Flo or her oversized eggs) , one looks like blood ring but I'll give it a couple more days to be sure, there are 2 more set a couple days later which are too early to tell w/ my candling setup.

I do have a couple of the sfh pullet eggs still going due in a few days but not counting them yet that is for sure!

:hit I'm so sorry they didn't hatch. :hugs I hope the last one hatches. :fl

I hada very large olive egger egg wrong end pip & die , investigation revealed it was simply too large to turn in the egg.

I have 1 remaining shipped egg that was due, is alive on candle but not yet internally piped. (I guess it is slightly behind the others, likely a cold spot in the bator??) anyway now I'm sitting on my hands hoping it will actually be able to hatch. I'd really like this one sfh from the shipped eggs...it was very hard having heard the one peep yesterday then go silent & finding it looked so perfect in the shell. Cross your fingers for this one last egg, the hatched EEs are calling to it too.

Awwww... that's so frustrating and upsetting.

hugs.gif

I figured it was about time for a Duke update:

Here are his latest photos...

As you can tell from the last one... he is ever vigilant, protecting his ladies from the dog!

One of his ladies (Cinnamon) just couldn't leave me alone while I snapping pictures.

Sad news. The last one (tapping but not peeping last night) Well I started to pip it last night, then I hesitated since it seamed active on candle & was not peeping.
But this am it was dead. Apparently the beak was able to tap on the shell but not much else, the active area I was seeing, the high spot in the air cell was across from the beak ie its butt/leg/body so it was rotated correctly as in head in aircell but stuck beyond that (slight saddle air cell from shipping). So if I had gone ahead & helped it last night I _ might have a chick but alas one can never really know when to help vs when not & perfect timing is everything so roll of the dice I lost this one also. Argh. The 5 mutt EEs who hatched on their own are doing fine (proving the sfh Roos are able to make babies) so now it is just a matter of time (and luck) until I get a few pure sfh of my own to hatch...

I figured it was about time for a Duke update:

Here are his latest photos...

As you can tell from the last one... he is ever vigilant, protecting his ladies from the dog!

One of his ladies (Cinnamon) just couldn't leave me alone while I snapping pictures.

Looking GOOD!

Sad news. The last one (tapping but not peeping last night) Well I started to pip it last night, then I hesitated since it seamed active on candle & was not peeping.
But this am it was dead. Apparently the beak was able to tap on the shell but not much else, the active area I was seeing, the high spot in the air cell was across from the beak ie its butt/leg/body so it was rotated correctly as in head in aircell but stuck beyond that (slight saddle air cell from shipping). So if I had gone ahead & helped it last night I _ might have a chick but alas one can never really know when to help vs when not & perfect timing is everything so roll of the dice I lost this one also. Argh. The 5 mutt EEs who hatched on their own are doing fine (proving the sfh Roos are able to make babies) so now it is just a matter of time (and luck) until I get a few pure sfh of my own to hatch...

Awwww - I'm sorry!

Back
Top Bottom