Swedish Flower Hen Thread

. The 20 that are going. Waiting patiently as they were supposed to be here at 7 but they live almost 2 hours away

Last edited:
. The 20 that are going. Waiting patiently as they were supposed to be here at 7 but they live almost 2 hours away

Hope they get there soon. Judging from what Bulldogma said, I would guess the one with its tail farthest to the left might be a snoleapard. It looks much less red than any of the others.

They picked up about 15 minutes ago. I hope that wasn't one, lol. I made them promise to let me know if they got one and offered to buy it back or trade chicks. I'm hoping I kept the right ones and will post pics of the keepers later tonight.

There are 6 keepers. There were 8 but I culled one runt and one with a leg issue. I'm hoping the top or middle one might be a snow leopard. Of course I could always get more eggs and try again. After all my incubators are empty and we all know that empty incubators are completely unacceptable!
wink.png

Last edited:

There are 6 keepers. There were 8 but I culled one runt and one with a leg issue. I'm hoping the top or middle one might be a snow leopard. Of course I could always get more eggs and try again. After all my incubators are empty and we all know that empty incubators are completely unacceptable!
wink.png

Fingers crossed for a snoleopard! Does that black one have penguin markings? Does it have the right number of toes? It doesn't have black skin, does it?
LOL - after having an egg slip up that surprised the heck out of Ki4got (FrankenSwede), I just have to make sure...

big_smile.png

Fingers crossed for a snoleopard! Does that black one have penguin markings? Does it have the right number of toes? It doesn't have black skin, does it?
LOL - after having an egg slip up that surprised the heck out of Ki4got (FrankenSwede), I just have to make sure...

big_smile.png
I was gonna say that is the blackest SFH chick I have ever seen. Should be interesting to watch it feather out.
pop.gif

Bulldogma - I was curious (can't remember what you said about her possible parentage) if you think your snoleopard was an Ali baby. I have a SFH pullet that I bought from another breeder about 6 weeks ago. She is all white with just a few hints of blue in her feathering - no red at all. She is gorgeous and I just had to have her! (I know, I need to get pics of her
hide.gif
) I am wondering if she carries the red restrictor genes like the snoleopard.

big_smile.png

LOL but Frankie is adorable, even if she is the ugliest SFH I've ever seen...
with 2 younger sfh from my own flock.

big_smile.png

Nope, no 5 toes. I think its just a dark tuxedo, lol.

Back
Top Bottom