Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Would like to buy some hatching eggs for this breed, anyone here collecting and selling any ?
I am in NH, so would want to wait a couple more weeks especially if eggs need to be shipped.
Contact me if you are selling hatching eggs.

Thank you,
Zekii

there really isn't a sttandard for the breed, since it's a landrace breed from sweden...

but generally speaking they have yellow legs and display a mottled/mille fleur/calico type color/pattern. they may be crested or not, or have blue/splash coloration in place of black.

i think the breed was also chosen for it's hardiness, consistently laying well, and a good personality.

i still don't have any SFH of my own, but are experiencing them vicariously thru Bulldogma.
wink.png
at least for now, until i can get some of my own.

In the next week or so, the SFH eggs I get should be pure - I'll be cracking some open to make sure Gunnar has things figured out - LOL. My first pure eggs will be yours! I'll be bringing them up when I pick up the babies you're hatching for me.
lol.png
Then if you decide you want crested SFH too we'll have to hit BHep up to get you some crested hatching eggs since I lost Frederic.

Quote: I had a package of eggs delivered a few months ago and it wasn't labeled or anything. The package was smashed to pieces, oozing all sorts of egg goo. When I called to complain to the post office that I wanted them to cover the cost of shipping for a new batch of eggs, they told me that since it wasn't labeled fragile/hatching eggs, they're not responsible for it. The box looked like an elephant sat on it. It was ridiculous.

I hatched a handful of the SFH last year. Ended up with 2 roosters and they both are awesome to look at. Can't wait until the eggs start coming in. They have become my favorite breed.

I got an ad in the hatching eggs other thread for swedish flower egg and chicks

Mine are great layers. They are the only ones whose eggs don't crack in our 12* weather
My stock if from Anniesmom who got hers from greenfires. I have two different color trios mused together.
Check out my page on fb to see the rest of my flock. Rachel's hen house.

there really isn't a sttandard for the breed, since it's a landrace breed from sweden... 

but generally speaking they have yellow legs and display a mottled/mille fleur/calico type color/pattern. they may be crested or not, or have blue/splash coloration in place of black. 

i think the breed was also chosen for it's hardiness, consistently laying well, and a good personality. 

i still don't have any SFH of my own, but are experiencing them vicariously thru Bulldogma. ;)   at least for now, until i can get some of my own.
Thank you

so excited for thursday, I am getting 8 or 9 SFH chicks for free from LazyQ...the same guy I got my older birds from!! I am also getting a bunch of hatching eggs from him too!! so excited

Back
Top Bottom