Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Friday September 13 was my lucky day...I got these babies...breeder was nice enough to meet me a closer and had a positive outcome all around...so I think they are all fantastic...in reading some above postings...just from these few days they are sooooo sweeeeet...now...i was wondering because they are so friendly if they is a sight for signs saying...beware these chickens like snuggling...following you around the house ....

these are my new babies....what do ya think?...

Friday September 13 was my lucky day...I got these babies...breeder was nice enough to meet me a closer and had a positive outcome all around...so I think they are all fantastic...in reading some above postings...just from these few days they are sooooo sweeeeet...now...i was wondering because they are so friendly if they is a sight for signs saying...beware these chickens like snuggling...following you around the house ....

frow.gif
Welcome to the thread! I am always willing to enable a new SFH addiction. They look well loved and quite spoiled already.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Great chicken day today-- got to visit the lady I got my SFH and saw a bunch of them and other poultry :) She gave me advice about breeding, hatching etc. She had one baby roo and is holding him for me. :) Totally forgot to get a picture of him though

Great chicken day today-- got to visit the lady I got my SFH and saw a bunch of them and other poultry :) She gave me advice about breeding, hatching etc. She had one baby roo and is holding him for me. :) Totally forgot to get a picture of him though

Let me know if you need another roo, I almost always have extras.
lol.png
Right now I have 5 or 6 extras.

Welcome to the thread and to the breed!
Very cute... but... my husband would say this breaks one of his three rules.... all living creatures here...
1) must have shoulders
2) must have a job
3) and only the humans are allowed in the house.
lau.gif

Very cute... but... my husband would say this breaks one of his three rules.... all living creatures here...
1) must have shoulders
2) must have a job
lau.gif

LOL...In the house is very temp...I am getting all needed supplies ready to get them in there new outside home close to the coop/run i have...but as they are new to us...will be within eye sight of my established flock...if all are as healthy as i think they are will be introduced in with flock to winter with them...my thoughts are im adding no heat from reading on this thread...they need to acclimate to being out...Or Get a job....lolol

1) must have shoulders
2) must have a job
lau.gif
well, tell him chickens are people too!

as for shoulders, they have em, and a job, yup. they've got that too. (growing up to be meat or lay eggs or protect the flock)

Back
Top Bottom