Swedish Flower Hen Thread

A couple more showing their faces a little better. Here's hoping for four eggs whenever my little flock starts laying (the other two are a welsummer and a legbar)!
sorry to say, these both look like boys to me, especially if they're not already laying... my pullet the same age has hardly any comb or wattle at all. my 10 month old pullets have almost that much...

grey girl at 5 months old...

grey girl at 7 months old...

my crested girl at 4 & 7 months

crested roo at 4 months.

and at 6 months

uncrested roo at 4 months

Ours just started laying at 25 weeks old. One black hens lays white eggs and one white hen lays brown eggs, LOL. We just opened our waiting list for chicks and hatching eggs for 2014. We might have hatching eggs available this year, but chicks will need to wait until Spring. Anyone interested can order here: http://worthitfarms.jigsy.com/poultry

Boys STILL for sale (pretty much for free now, LOL)

Our "white" hen

One of our black, crested hens

Our "brown/tan" crested hen (photo "saturated" to show her lovely colors)

Photo not saturated

And lastly, our rooster

Hey guys, here is one of my three chicks. Please tell me what you think

I think its a cute chick.. what were you asking? Its way to young to even guess what its sex will be - and those feathers are going to change a lot before it gets to its final feathering.
ki4got - at barely 20 weeks they should be laying? I was mentally prepared for more like 24-26 weeks...
I think what she means is with that red of a face they should be laying. And at 5 months - they are not ready to lay. I have one at 6 months that is starting to get red - I was saying girl for a long time and now I am not so certain. Sure hope "she" lays an egg soon...otherwise
sad.png

I haven't ever seen a juvie boy with the multi pattern before. Ki4got - do you have a picture of him at 6 or 7 months old? I have an adult that had the multi pattern, but he was already getting rooster feathers when I got him so it was obvious.

Back
Top Bottom