Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Candled my eggs last night.....15 strong swimmers!!!

I think my humidity was too high, got it right now. Lockdown is Friday, hatch this weekend!!!

So excited Leigh!!
wee.gif
Sending good hatching vibes!
fl.gif

if anyone's interested in the sfh trios/pairs that I have (hatched oct/nov) let me know... I've got some people locally also asking about them as well, but thought I'd give you guys first crack. I can deliver to Gilmanor (glen allen va swap on May 5th) , that's still in the plans, but I really need to thin out some of the pens. I just banded 24 chicks last night 1-3 weeks old) and have another 15+ new hatches that will get banded in a week or 2...

quick question: how early do SFH chicks start showing mottling or flowering in their feathers? i have hatched some "swedish crosses" (SFH x isbar), which at three weeks still just look blue/black/splash -- so am curious as to when i might expect mottling to appear, if it's going to?

thanks!

if anyone's interested in the sfh trios/pairs that I have (hatched oct/nov) let me know... I've got some people locally also asking about them as well, but thought I'd give you guys first crack. I can deliver to Gilmanor (glen allen va swap on May 5th) , that's still in the plans, but I really need to thin out some of the pens. I just banded 24 chicks last night 1-3 weeks old) and have another 15+ new hatches that will get banded in a week or 2...
I might. One of my roos looks to be sick, and I suspect cardiac disease :( I came home from my VA trip to find him just off, and he isn't improving. And I would love to add some ladies, as I must separate out my EE hens...the ones that were supposed to lay blue eggs...nope. A couple of them lay cream eggs. I discovered this AFTER setting eggs. Those eggs are hatching in the next couple of days, so hopefully I can figure it out. But it means I'm kind of thin on girls now. And I'd be willing to drive to Roanoke in April.

The chicks that have hatched so far are black!

SunnySkies - sorry about your sick roo!

Well - it's been snowing ALL DAY here in southern VA. My kids are on spring break - LOL!

Do Swedish Flower Hens mind the snow?? Mine don't.

Oh sweet Mary and Joseph - my feet are COLD!

Back
Top Bottom