Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Thanks Leahs Mom. It looks similar. This particular chick looks like the silkies I used to hatch, I *think* its vaulted due to the raised bowl shape. I'm sure they'll be a cutie but not something to breed forward.

Guess I should follow up to say that my crest to crest girl didn't appear to have the vaulted skull. Her crest was excessively large, however. And since I let them range, I cut it back to keep it from hindering her eyesight.

Before: (At apx. 5.5 mos old)

After:

For SFH chicks, I had a number of sales scheduled in my area at $15/chick. I have noted some others up here asking $20-25 for 6-8 week old juveniles.

yup.

I get $15 for up to about 4 weeks, $30 for 8-12 week old pullets, and $50 for anything over 16 weeks old. less for cockerels and combinations...

Guess who took 2nd place in the Flapper Contest for the 2014 Easter Hatch-a-long!

Sorenson's son, Severus!
lol.png

Awesome picture! Sharp looking roo.
I've been trying to capture my roo in a flap and just can't seem to get the camera in the right place at the right time.:(

Love the photo :D

Thanks! You know? Getting a decent mid-flap photo generally means having a higher-end camera, I think. It can be done with a cheaper camera, but you also have to have a fair amount of luck... and it's hard to get a motion photo that isn't blurry. I also take hundreds of pictures, so a few are bound to be OK. LOL!

Thanks! You know? Getting a decent mid-flap photo generally means having a higher-end camera, I think. It can be done with a cheaper camera, but you also have to have a fair amount of luck... and it's hard to get a motion photo that isn't blurry. I also take hundreds of pictures, so a few are bound to be OK. LOL!

i managed to get a good mid-flap picture of my birchen marans cockerel with my iPhone, so it CAN be done... but your guy is so handsome! here's mine:

Back
Top Bottom