Swedish Flower Hen Thread

And.... Is there ANY remedy for bullying short of removing certain birds from the flock?
Try putting the perp in time out for a day or two. That can make a difference.
bun.gif

Ya really think it's a Cock? It's manorisms make me think the same. But just wasn't sure.
Yes - with a comb that size at a month old, you can be pretty sure that's a cockerel.
big_smile.png

Drama! Discovered at lockdown that the suspected early quitter SFH is still alive, glad I left it in there! It's a very tiny chick, I'm wondering if it will hatch. We'll see this weekend.

As I near the 5 month mark with this group of new chickadees, there are 5 gorgeous boys in need of a home or it's gonna be freezer camp, unfortunately. If I didn't already have too many roos I'd keep these gentlemen! They are free to a good home, and they really are beautiful and laid back, and getting big. I have 3 black based and 3 blue based. I am in eastern Kentucky. If anyone is interested, I can describe further and/or post pictures!

Some photos of the 27 week olds. (SOMEONE better start laying some eggs soon!

All 3 27 wk. olds. Sally on left front; Shay on right front.

I call this one "Sally"... She is the one that is most inquisitive and tries everything first. Always wanting to see what's up. (Sally Sunshine...she's very "bright".) Also was easy to get a photo of because she was up-front checking me out w/the camera.

I call this one "Shay". She has more of the tan around the neck. Was hard to get a decent photo today. I really like her coloring but I am partial to the very dark coloring on both Sally and Shay.

This is the one that was the "brown" chick. I am considering selling her possibly with a cockerel. I'm in the Northern Indiana area if anyone might be interested.

And this is a silly photo of Emma who will be 2 yo on New Year's day.

@Alpine Chicken such cute chicks! I'm getting excited for my hatch. I just saw two of my SFH eggs wiggling! I'm still 5 days away from hatch but I think they might hatch earlier than the rest because the eggs are smaller.
Thanks, and good luck on your hatch!

Actually, I believe they are her own that we helped encourage her to hatch.
big_smile.png
Yes, that´s right. This is the first generation of my own flock. I bought their parents as hatching eggs from another breeder in Austria. And yes, it was you who encouraged me to hatch! Now I´m glad you did
thumbsup.gif
Here are some pics of the parent generation:
This boy is probably the father (he´s the dominant roo; the other boy doesn´t make it near the girls too often):

This girl must be the mother of the splash chicks, because all my other girls are black-based:

The next two girls were very chipmunky (racing stripes) as chicks. I think the striped chicks are from one or both of them (hopefully the first, because the second hardly has any flowering):

Melabella- how are your chicks doing? Any idea on how many girls you got, yet? How about an update with pics?

Back
Top Bottom