Swedish Flower Hen Thread

That's so funny you say that!! We thought at 1st, she was the cream legbar. Then one they feathered out, I was sure chick "B" pictured below was the cream legbar. I'm pretty sure chick "B" is getting a crest. We have 2 mystery chicks. That are one of these... speckled sussex, Partridge Penedesenca, Cream legbar, Swedish Flower Hen.. we don't know which one is which. In our hatchery order, we had some die, and then one that was never packed. We ordered 16 chicks and got 15. This is the one I think is the cream legbar chick "B". I can't tell if chick "A" pictured above is getting a crest or not. I thought she kinda looks like chick "A" is getting a small crest, but maybe not... do I thought maybe she was a Swedish Flower Hen, since some have a crest.

Chick "B" seems more silvery, like a Cream legbar. And also has very yellow feet.. Chick "A" has a white wing feather, which I don't think cream legbars should not have. But a speckled sussex or Swedish Flower Hens can have white. And chick "A" has a Cream to peach like color leg/feet

That's awesome! I would love to see pictures sometime soon. I see your in Washington! I'm from north Idaho :-D. Are these new hatches you own eggs? Ir were you able to find some SHF eggs for sale?

That's so funny you say that!! We thought at 1st, she was the cream legbar. Then one they feathered out, I was sure chick "B" pictured below was the cream legbar. I'm pretty sure chick "B" is getting a crest. We have 2 mystery chicks. That are one of these... speckled sussex, Partridge Penedesenca, Cream legbar, Swedish Flower Hen.. we don't know which one is which. In our hatchery order, we had some die, and then one that was never packed. We ordered 16 chicks and got 15. This is the one I think is the cream legbar chick "B". I can't tell if chick "A" pictured above is getting a crest or not. I thought she kinda looks like chick "A" is getting a small crest, but maybe not... do I thought maybe she was a Swedish Flower Hen, since some have a crest.

I think this looks more like the CCL chicks I have hatched out. It appears to have the barring where the other does not.

Hi guys, I'm hoping you could help me with this lil girl. She is a hatchery chick. But do you think she is a Swedish Flower Hen, speckled sussex or possibly a partridge Penedesenca?
I´ve had quite a few sfh look like this as chicks, but I can´t be sure at this early stage. I also don´t know much about the other breeds you mentioned. Sfh of this coloring can have white in them, too. They don´t get the flowering until later, though, so you´re probably just going to have to wait a little longer to know for sure. The second, darker one you posted definitely doesn´t look sfh.

Thank you!! The lighter one that I'm Hoping is the Swedish Flower, she has a white feather on her wing, and she has some white feathers on her chest. I will takea . Can SFH's have some white feathers on their chests? Do they have a usual foot color? Or can it vary?

Here you can see the white on her chest. It also looks like maybe just maybe she's getting a crest. I could be wrong.. I'll have to wait and see. She's only 3 weeks right now

Back
Top Bottom