Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Our newest additions, a trio of SFH 2 hens and a rooster (I hope). I love their coloring and can't wait till next year when we can hopefully hatch a few chicks. These guys are all greenfire farms line, is there a place or person where you can find other lines to add to these. I have been trying to do research and it's limited from what I can find.
How exciting you have your first birds. I immediately fell in love with this breed. I too have chicks hatching next week & more to follow. Once the weather cools down I can ship. You canvas it my farm page: https://www.facebook.com/BartelFarmsEggsandChickens/ I currently have 2 breeding pens with stock from 5 distinctive breeders. Yes this breed does tend to go broody but in the 3.5 years that I have had this breed I have only had a few go broody.

Can someone post a picture of the eggs they get from their Swedish Flowers.
I am either going to get these or Buff Plymouth Rocks next year

I'm located in Iowa, I will check out the facebook page. We are working on getting some more pens set up right now I want everyone to have plenty of space.

How exciting you have your first birds. I immediately fell in love with this breed.
I too have chicks hatching next week & more to follow. Once the weather cools down I can ship. You canvas it my farm page: https://www.facebook.com/BartelFarmsEggsandChickens/
I currently have 2 breeding pens with stock from 5 distinctive breeders.
Yes this breed does tend to go broody but in the 3.5 years that I have had this breed I have only had a few go broody.
Your birds are gorgeous. Do hatch with an incubator? What is your success rate? We have a cheap plastic incubator, hoping to upgrade one day. I'm wondering how much success we will have hatching chicks if the hens don't go broody.

@SHERRING7712
Have you contacted Sir Windsor Poultry? I may be getting some SFH's from him next year. I am in South Western ND
Yes that is where I got the two I already have! I was just looking at getting some different bloodlines to mix in with mine!! Sir Windsor Farms is great. They are wonderful people and have an amazing farm with good quality stock. I may go back to him as well if I can't find other bloodlines near me!! I would recommend them to anyone.

Your birds are gorgeous. Do hatch with an incubator? What is your success rate? We have a cheap plastic incubator, hoping to upgrade one day. I'm wondering how much success we will have hatching chicks if the hens don't go broody.

I hatch with broodys & also with incubators. I love watching a broody raise chicks. My hatch rate here on our farm has been around 85% but we have had a very strange year weather wise. Really hot here in Ohio it's unbelievable. I currently have eggs under 2 broodies that I couldn't break. Hatch day is is next Wednesday & the next week. I will post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom