Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Here are so close ups of my 4 day old chick. Any early guesses as to pullet/cockerel or color. I see some white feathers in the wing already. Hoping for pullet. This is just for fun I know it's way early

Thanks

I'm new to the forum, and backyard chicken raising as well. I have a total of 8 in my flock, but I wanted to share my 2 Swedish Flowers. They're almost 5 weeks old and I selected them out of a straight run, so I have no clue if they're pullets or cockerels.

Last edited:
Can Swedish Flowers be feather sexed? (Wing sexed?) I see several people discussing it on the forums. I have some photos of my little SFH hatcher I can post if they can be . . .

I got a pair of Swedish Flower hens yesterday! The rooster comb was frostbitten off due to the long and hard winter. But i think he will make a good breeder

The hen is beat up as she with lots of roosters

A pair! How exciting!
Here's my new addition:

Hoping she's a she! Any ideas what her grown-up feathers might look like? I know it's a bit of a guessing game, but if anyone has any that started this way, I'd love to see their adult plumage!

A pair! How exciting! Here's my new addition: Hoping she's a she! Any ideas what her grown-up feathers might look like? I know it's a bit of a guessing game, but if anyone has any that started this way, I'd love to see their adult plumage!
While mine is not yet any adult, as a 1 week old chick, they looked very similar minus the extra black on the face. Mine is now 5 weeks old

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom