Swedish Flower Hen Thread

Quote:
Where are some recent pics of your birds?!!

Emily has them so I have not seen them since they hatched
hit.gif

I do have more in the bator though
hide.gif

My blommehöns are blooming!
Here are progressive pictures of our latest SFH from 3 days old to 2.5 weeks old. Hopefully this will give some insight as to how others chicks will grow up!
pop.gif
Click on each of the thumbnails to see a larger version.

I will try to update them as they grow older.

ETA: You can see the whole line up together in larger size on my BYC page!

Last edited:
KKH, pretty chicks.

KYTinpusher, the progressive pictures are a super idea. Keep them up, PLEASE! They will be helpful for everyone. Thank you.

Last edited:
Ok I've got some new chicks. I'm not sure whether I should say so or not. I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be but a little.

Now I kinda have a question. Am I being selfish by not selling hatching eggs? I do sell chicks however on occasion.

Delaware will still be my favorite of course.

I appreciate the pics by the way. Very nice. So far I've found the chicks to be calm and friendly. I would like to know how they fare at growing out. Are they fast or slow. My Dels are fast and Orpingtons pretty good. I have some heritage BR's that are not so much.

I also have some Birchens and wonder about those too.

Well today is a good day.

Take care,

Rancher

Quote:
Hi Rancher,
I'm not going to sell hatching eggs. I'm not in the chicken business....they're pets. I chose this bird because of their friendliness and variety of colors. I also wanted to be able to let them hatch out some chicks down the road. However, there's that "what to do with the roos". I figured I could find homes for these birds easier than my bantam NN's.
I don't think it's anyone's business what you intend to do with your birds.

I'm more excited about the chicks now that they've started feathering out. I also like how outgoing and in your face they are. I don't think they grow out as fast as other breeds that I'm familiar with. A friend had a couple of BR's the same hatch date and they were huge compared to the SF's. I've posted pics a few posts back that shows my 6 week old birds with my 6 yr. old daughter. You should be able to get a good idea of how big they are in that pic.

Enjoy your day,
KKH

Back
Top Bottom