sweepstakes winners?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dinahmoe, Aug 10, 2011.

1. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    has anyone ever won thru sweepstakes or contest?
    if so,what is the best thing you have won?

2. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

I won $100, $100, $50, and $250 4 weeks in a row on some California lottery scratcher tickets in 1998. I have not won anything on lottery scratchers since, with the exception of a free ticket here and a $2 winner there.

My uncle, one of the richest men I've ever met in my life, won $1,000 on a lottery scratcher the first week that California had a lottery in the early 80s… the one person I know who didn't need it.

3. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    I hit 5/6 numbers on the CA lottery in 1989. $4263. [​IMG]

4. herefordlovinglady

herefordlovinglady It Is What It Is

Jun 23, 2009
    Georgia
    On 20/20 the other night they talked about people who do sweepstaking for a living. they are entering sweepstakes everyday for like 8 to 12 hours. They enter everything. One woman has not bought household appliances in many years -- she won like 4 sets of washer and dryers. Another woman said since she had been doing it she had won over 1 million in cash and prizes. This other woman said she quit entering travel sweepstakes because she was winning too many of them -- Dang the luck.

5. Spookwriter

Spookwriter Overrun With Chickens

Feb 23, 2010
    Ohio
    I won a dime from the Readers Digest years ago.

6. chickens? not yet

chickens? not yet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2011
    Kingman, AZ.
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. Kschwartz

Kschwartz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    When I was little I won a big stuffed animal and a lava lamp. Pretty much thought it was the best thing ever.

Recently though, I won a $25 gift card to a flower shop. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hoping I'll win something this weekend though! Going to a youth field day and have a chance to win a .22 rifle or a 20 gauge. Wish me luck! [​IMG]

8. dinahmoe

dinahmoe Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Sep 19, 2009
    central georgia
    Quote:Good Luck [​IMG]

i guess you have to enter alot of them.i just wandered if anyone ever wins.i am not that lucky but i may start entering some.it can't hurt ,i guess.

last year i did win $100 on a scratch off ticket.[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  9. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I won a hula hoop contest at a shoe store and got 20% off my purchase. That woulld have been awesome, but I didn't find what I was looking for. [​IMG]

10. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    Problem with a lot of online sweepstakes is that they "make" you sign up for something else or spam the heck outta you [​IMG]
    I got $100 on a scratch ticket last year and when I was 10 my mother won a bride doll on a stand (door prize) at my ballet recital and I won a book about anna pavlova (famous ballerina) cause I scored the highest in my ballet exams.
    I need to win a new car!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by