Sweet and Sour Chicken

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by 6chickens in St. Charles, Aug 5, 2011.

1. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    [​IMG] Anybody have a GREAT recipe?

DH makes easy chicken and rice, he puts a can or two of chunk pineapple with its juice in while the chicken and rice cook. Its comfort food.

I always think of Sweet and Sour chicken, though, while I'm eating it. So we're in the mood tomorrow for some Sweet and Sour Chicken. I have red and green peppers, celery and white onion all cut up, ready. I have a bag of rice. I have frozen chicken thighs. I have seasoned rice vinegar and catsup. I'm ready for a recipe.

Thank you, in advance! [​IMG]

2. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    I don't have a recipe for sweet and sour chicken but I have one for Far East chicken. It is really good. I will find the recipe if you are interested. It is a little spicy though.

3. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Far East Chicken sounds like a very good thing. Please post it! Thanks!

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2010
    6chickens in St. Charles :

Far East Chicken sounds like a very good thing. Please post it! Thanks!

1 cup water
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup lemon juice
    1-3 crushed up dried sm hot chillies (red)

I like to add green onion 2-3 inch pieces and regular onion in slices but this was not part of the recipe originally when given to me. I love Mongolian beef and this kind of reminds me of that except with chicken.

Let simmer 10 min

3-3 1/2lbs. chicken cut up and put chicken in a pan....I use a 9x13

Pour you simmered sauce above over the chicken bake for 1 hour at 375 F, bast at twice with the juices.

Serve with rice, vegies, and or salad.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by