Sweet Dog Needs Home

if you really want to keep her, she sounds like a sweet dog, there are ways to train that out of them, but it takes patience. My husky mix wouldn't go with anybody around. She probably had been punished as a pup for going in the house (which she still wasn't house trained at 3 yrs). She probably connected the punishment with the action of peeing, not the location. In other words, shitty training. I would have to walk her, a lot.... we moved across country, and the only way she was going to be able to go is if I was present and she was on a leash. She started out hiding behind bushes to do it. By the end of the trip, one week, of getting praised for going while I was there and she was on a leash, she got the idea that she wasn't going to be punished for going potty.

I am going to have to come up with something. I am not young and it isn't always easy for me to get around. What I want to be able to do is let the dogs out so they can do their business and then let them back in after a few minutes. I can do that with my other dog. I don't want to have to personally take her out on a leash, especially when the weather is bad and wait for her. I have been paying attention and I found that when I let her out first thing in the morning and in the evening, she does her business and comes right back in. It is during the middle of the day, particularly on weekends, that she takes her tours. I just bought a length of clothesline rope and a couple snaps. I am going to try tying her outside during the times that are problematic and see how that goes. Unfortunately, I was a bit preoccupied today and she slipped out before I got her anchored. Heaven only knows where she went and when she will be back. Fortunately there isn't much traffic today. Your suggestion to praise her when she piddles is a good one.

I do not have a photo. I have to install the software for my camera on the computer and I haven't done it yet. Her face is more like that of a chihuahua than a rat terrier. She is not at all hyper or yappy like so many terriers are. She does seem to be getting better about staying home. I may be able to keep her after all.

I do not have a photo. I have to install the software for my camera on the computer and I haven't done it yet. Her face is more like that of a chihuahua than a rat terrier. She is not at all hyper or yappy like so many terriers are. She does seem to be getting better about staying home. I may be able to keep her after all.

My rat terrier, Frazzem, was very calm, once she out grew puppyhood. I hope you can keep her!

That would be wonderful!!

Back
Top Bottom