Sweet love of all good things known! I'm an addict!

aimeeinwv

Songster
10 Years
Aug 8, 2009
Teays Valley, West Virginia
I need an intervention! I have 40 baby chicks in the brooder and have my eyes on some more! Someone stop the madness! LOL! My husband is ready to kill me!

I just can't help it... I love my chickies!!!
love.gif

Secondbatchofbabies003-1.jpg

Secondbatchofbabies012.jpg

Secondbatchofbabies019.jpg

I have the CURE!! Wait a couple weeks and stand over that brooder and take a DEEEEEEEEP breath. Then you won't want any more at least until these are well on their way out to the coop. It works for me
sickbyc.gif
Cute chickies though....I can't smell them from here
big_smile.png

Haha - We actually ordered 48 chicks in the beginning - Sadly they dwindled to 9, but we ordered another batch that also dwindled. When we finally figured out all the variables that caused their numbers to drop, a year later - We bought more! And not in the form of chicks, no - In the form of eggs!! So much less stress on them, and you get to see their life, from the very beginnings!
love.gif
Right now we have over 40 eggs in the incubators, and about 24 more on the way after that - Then when those are done, we'll probably get 12 more eggs in late spring. CRAZY I know!!!
wee.gif

Oh, and congrats!! LOVE the white-crested polish! We have 3.
smile.png

I am in the same boat, i love them to death! And i got blessed with not being able to smell bad chicken smells....which is weird since i have a really strong sense of smell lol! your babies are tooo cute!

I've figured out the cure to stinky baby chicken... yep! My son and I take our OLD shop vac and suck out the bedding daily - then replace! We've only went though 1/2 bag still yet in 2 weeks! The box is 6' x 3' and 3' tall. It's perfect! Yep... love them!!!

We've been blessed so far not to have any babies die in the years we've ordered chickens. I've thought about incubating, but scared I may do it wrong! Maybe I should leave that up to the professionals out back
D.gif

Quote:
Your husband is ready to kill you? Ha....MY husband doesn't even know that I'm about to put some eggs under a broody.

Got an idea....I'll come to your funeral, if you come to mine.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
Your husband is ready to kill you? Ha....MY husband doesn't even know that I'm about to put some eggs under a broody.

Got an idea....I'll come to your funeral, if you come to mine.
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif

Deal!

I have 5 hens, 4 18 week olds, 4 6 week old true ameraucana's and 3 3 week old BCM's and a 3 week old olive egger in the brooder AND eggs on the way this week for my incubator. I'm all out of space for a while. What you wanna bet NOW I get that broody.

if you know of an antidote, let me know, im on my 6th or 7th hatch since the 1st of jan, and most are out of a trays of 90 eggs, last batch was around 60 chicks all but 2 where bantams

Last edited:
LMAO I know how you feel. I jumped in one weekend with 1 chick and 2 quail to 13 chicks and 2 quail. I don't know how it happened.
cool.png
And yet 2 weeks after that I got more, and a week later more...

Lucky me hubby is a thousand miles away.
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom