1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sweet, merciful heavens...SILKIEFEEEEEETS!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ninjapoodles, Jan 3, 2009.

1. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    My frizzled bantam cochin and silkie eggs from Dipsy Doodle-Do are on Day 9 in my incubator. I just candled.

And then I died. Dead.

From cuteness.

As soon as I put the light to the first silkie egg, the wittle baby chick inside MASHED HIS TEENSY WIDDLE BABY BANTIE-FEETS UP AGAINST THE SHELL.

[​IMG]

And now I am dead. Dead from exposure to tiny wee fetal chick-tracks.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Aw, how lucky are you?? I at most get a 'stop looking at me' wiggle to the other side of the shell, or an 'I'm to big to move to far' wing flap, but never a teensy weensy foot!

3. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Just wait until they hatch :p Then you'll really be dead

4. Like OMG, even from the shell, these evil little cuties are luring the human race into another hatch of thier species.

It is a invasion, it is a horrid spell binding of cuteness !!

5. ninjapoodles

ninjapoodles Sees What You Did There

May 24, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    It was unreal. He had the soles of his little feets pressed right up on the shell, like he was saying, "STOP shining that light on me!"

MAN, I hope this hatch goes well. [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    aww Ninja!....i really hope its a good hatch for you!..espically for that little guy!..too cute!..[​IMG]

7. Squeaky

Squeaky I squeak, therefore I am

Jul 5, 2008
    Albuquerque, NM
    Soul-stealing on Day 9? Wow. I always thought they waited until they were out of the shell but I guess not.

8. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That's too cool! [​IMG] I two sets of eggs in the bator at the moment! My first time ever! The second set is 9 silkie eggs that I put in on Jan 1. [​IMG]

9. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG] You'll have to mark that egg and name it something cute if it hatches!

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:I suggest Kawaii. It means "cute" in Japanese (pronounced like Hawaii, more or less).

The Silkie has already stolen your soul from INSIDE the shell! I think this is a new record.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by