sweet pdz for clean chicken house and barn stahls

Glenda Heywoodo

Songster
Dec 19, 2016
Cassville Missouri
Sweet PDZ

(1) Horse Stall Refresher
(2) Put on freshly cleaned chicken house floors

Most horse owners have to stall their horses at least some of the time. That means urine, stinky stalls, ammonia, and other odors that are a hazard to your horses health.
Sweet PDZ is the leading stall freshener on the market and is the odor control and deodorizer of choice for thousands of horse, pet and livestock owners. Sweet PDZ is an all-natural, non-hazardous and non-toxic mineral. It captures, neutralizes and eliminates harmful levels of ammonia and odors. Sweet PDZ is a far superior alternative to lime products for ammonia removal and moisture absorption. Don’t risk compromising your horse’s performance.
Ammonia is a health risk to your animals. The accumulation of ammonia in horse stalls and barns is more than an odor nuisance. Studies have concluded that low levels of ammonia stresses a horse’s upper respiratory airways placing them at risk of pneumonia, heaves, and other serious illnesses. Foals are especially vulnerable to these ailments. Sweet PDZ absorbs and neutralizes ammonia and odors while providing fresh and safe air for your horse in it’s stall.

CHICKEN FOLKS USE THIS PRODUCT ALSO
http://sweetpdz.com/
CHECK IT OUT

Last edited:
WHAT IS SWEET PDZ
http://www.horsetackreview.com/article-display/122.html

Ammonia is a health risk to your horses... The accumulation of ammonia in animal stalls has been proven to stress the upper respiratory airways of animals placing them at risk to pneumonia and heaves (an asthma-like condition). Foals are especially vulnerable. Sweet PDZ absorbs the ammonia, thus lessoning this danger.

What Is Sweet PDZ?
Sweet PDZ is comprised entirely of a natural mineral known as a zeolite. Zeolites are formed from many years of volcanic activity.

How does zeolite help in my barn? Well, we’re glad you asked. Zeolites have special properties, namely, they absorb moisture (soak up like a sponge) and they adsorb gases (attract and keep gas molecules stuck to them). This means that ammonia, as well as other bad smelling gases, are trapped inside the Sweet PDZ to be harmlessly removed and placed on the compost pile. The qualities make Zeolites useful not only in the barn, but the litter box, the garage and in industry

Sweet PDZ is superior to chemical compounds because it actually removes ammonia and moisture through a process of adsorption. It's unscented so it is not just masking odors with a scent of its own.

Sweet PDZ is easy to use... Sweet PDZ is easy to apply. Sprinkle 3 to 5 cups on the surface of the stall area, with the heaviest treatment where the urine is concentrated. Remove saturated bedding material as usual, and sprinkle some more Sweet PDZ down on the wet spots.

Sweet PDZ is environmentally friendly... Used Sweet PDZ can be a fertilizer. When it's time to strip the stall, discard Sweet PDZ with the rest of the bedding. It can become a mulch in planting areas, with nitrogen from the absorbed ammonia being gradually released into the soil as fertilizer.

Sweet PDZ is now available in both Classic powder form and new Granular form! Same great product with added convenience.

I have two tons (literally) of sweet pdz in my coop and run...it's made cleanup super easy...no smells, no flies.
IT DOESN'T HURT THE CHICKENS EITHER
DO THE CHICKENS PECK AT IT?
OR DO YOU PUT THE BEDDING OVER THE Sweet PDZ?
thanks for the pictures so folks can see what it looks like
Also where did you get two tons of sweet pdz?
appreciate the reply
thanks
Glenda Heywood

How do you scoop? And how long does it last? Right now, I'm using pellet bedding, but it's summer, so I want more help with the smell.

Thanks!
Not sure you noticed, @Tikkijane, that this thread is quite old and the members that posted here have not been around for a couple years.
PDZ can work well as the sole bedding depending on how big your coop is and how many birds you have. Most folks scoop/sift daily whether the PDZ is on the floor as bedding or on poop boards under the roosts. I use a thin(<1/4") layer of PDZ on the poop boards and sift it all daily. Allows me to use pine shavings on the floor and only change them out once or twice a year.

Might want to start a new thread, giving your flock and coop details, and asking for examples.
Or peruse this search showing a plethora of threads about PDZ:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/search/1421140/?q=pdz&t=post&c[title_only]=1&o=relevance

full

Back
Top Bottom