Sweet pdz questions

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by gabz44, Dec 27, 2015.

1. gabz44

gabz44 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 26, 2015
    I've had a bunch of people recommend sweet pdz for coop. How do you use it? On top of shavings?? Do you scoop up often? Do you put in run on top of sand too or just coop?

2. Peeps n Bees

Peeps n Bees Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2015
    Albany, NY
    I use it on the droppings boards beneath the roosts. Just straight PDZ, no sand mixed in. Seems to work well. I scoop the boards about once a week. (I should probably do it a little more often, but it seems to be fine with four chickens.)

3. TalkALittle

TalkALittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 15, 2014
    Massachusetts
    I too use it on a droppings tray which I scoop daily. At around $10 for a 25 pound bag, I'm not going to be putting it on the floor or mixing it with shavings any time soon. It is worth every penny though, as I've not found anything that adsorbs as well and can be safely used in the coop.

4. ChickenMammX4

ChickenMammX4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2015
    SW Ohio
    I use it alone on the poopboard and scoop/sift it everyday or two.

[​IMG]

5. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
  6. JayJo

JayJo Chillin' With My Peeps

I use it straight in the coop, nothing else. I put a bag and a half in there 6 months ago and it's still fine. I scoop once a week with three chickens. Love the stuff.

7. barneveldrerman

barneveldrerman Chillin' With My Peeps

I put it all over my coop then put pine shavings over it. It works great! I have also heard that when u put it down you sprinkle it with water and it will work better.

hope this helps and have a good time with your chickens![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by