Sweet pdz

Nicole31

In the Brooder
Aug 29, 2016
I've read good things on here about using sweet pdz in chicken coops. I plan to use it on the poop board. Can you use it alone or should it be mixed with sand?

I use it on my poop board just sprinkled. I also sprinkle it mixed with sand/pine shavings in poop trays. It does help!

I've read good things on here about using sweet pdz in chicken coops. I plan to use it on the poop board. Can you use it alone or should it be mixed with sand?
You don't have to mix with sand...but I mix with sand just to make the PDZ stretch farther, sand is cheaper.
Mix about 2, 3, or 4 to 1 sand to PDZ depending on condition.
If odors are worse, like during hot humid weather, I to use more PDZ.
I only use about 1/2" deep on poop boards, will lose a bit of volume as mix sticks to sifted out poops,
so when adding more it's easy to adjust mix ratio.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...raphic-gross-poop-pictures/1100#post_13179595

I've read you can scoop the poop out of the PDZ and put into a compost, is this true when mixed with sand? I paid $25 for 1 bag of pdz and realized I need probably about 4 to fill my poop table
1f629.png

I readily admit that we are probably a bit over the top on odor control but we use strait PDZ on our poop board. Screed to out 1/2" thick. Works great. We sift out the poops every day or two. Super happy with the performance of the PDZ.

I have been using Sweet PDZ for over 1 1/2 yrs in my new coop and love it. Highly recommend it. The initial set up was a bit costly but worth it. I scoop it out every morning with a cat litter scooper. Once in a while I'll have to add a bit. I like to keep mine 2" deep.

Back
Top Bottom