Sweet PDZ

hempsteadjb

Chirping
Apr 25, 2017
Louisiana
Is there a difference between Coop PDZ and Horse Sweet PDZ? A 10 lb. of Coop PDZ is $16.95, The Horse Stall Sweet PDZ 25lb. is $8.99...I'm a newbie and trying to figure all of this out. Thanks!!!

Packaging it as "coop" product just means they can charge folks who don't know about the alternative twice the price for half the product

I use the stuff in my poop trays, it's just called "Sweet PDZ" and is available in the horse section of my local TSC in 6-something dollar bags that look like they would be way to small too accommodate the leavings of a horse. It's granulated, about the side of beach sand.

I use the stuff in my poop trays, it's just called "Sweet PDZ" and is available in the horse section of my local TSC in 6-something dollar bags that look like they would be way to small too accommodate the leavings of a horse. It's granulated, about the side of beach sand.

When used for horses it is used to "sweeten" wet spots after soiled bedding has been picked out...it neutralizes the ammonia from the urine left behind so is just sprinkled over the area needing it, not used as it is on a poop tray

We use the powdered and the granulated for different applications. Poop boards get powder, litter pans, and small rodent (hedgehog) bedding get the granules. When I change the coop floor litter, I put a layer of straw down, then a layer of powder on top, then a final straw layer. When the girls come in, they mix it to their desired floor consistency. Both work well, and we get the 40# bags for horses at our local co-op place.

Back
Top Bottom