Sweet revenge

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChickieBooBoo, Oct 15, 2011.

1. ChickieBooBoo

ChickieBooBoo Cold Canadian Chick

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    For the past 3-4 weeks I've had an egg eater (or two). I used to get about a dozen eggs a day, but for the past few weeks I've got about one or two. Since I'm at school all day, I haven't ever been about to catch the eater, I just get home to a goopy mess in the next boxes and a bunch of birds with yolk crusted beaks (once an egg has been broken, they'll all eat it) This morning I flicked on the light and found an egg on the floor that had been laid overnight. One of my BSL hens jumps off the roost, sees the egg, breaks it open and begins feasting!

Needless to say, she is now resting in a bucket of cold water to be made into soup tomorrow! [​IMG] Now to see if there are anymore egg-eaters [​IMG]

2. jeepguy982001

jeepguy982001 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2011
    athens, wv
    maybe the others will get the hint of what will happen lol. At least she's gone good luck.

3. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I hope so! I'm praying that it didn't go on long enough for the other hens and roos to catch on. They all love eggs, but this is the only one I've known to actually break them.

My egg customers have been giving me heck because I didn't have any eggs to sell! I hardly had enough for my family, nevermind any to sell.

4. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Maybe in the morning, take an egg with you and try the same trick to see who else falls for it?

5. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    I'm going to try, see if anyone else falls for it [​IMG]

6. curious1969

curious1969 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Northwest Montana
    Good luck, hopefully you caught it in time. I had a brahma roo who would break the eggs for his hens. After I removed him I didn't have any more problems with eggs.

7. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Quote:I'm hoping for the same results in my flock.

The whole house smells so good right now [​IMG]

8. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    Did any more fall for it?

9. ChickieBooBoo

Dec 2, 2009
    Canada
    Not so far, but some ran out of the coop without seeing the egg. I'll try again this evening when they're all back at the coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by