Sweetest Chick!

Roslyn

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 14, 2011
Cle Elum, WA
I have the sweetest little baby chick.

So far she is my favorite, I am trying to learn not to get too attached but it is failing, she's just so irresistable (she, I hope).

She is a week 1/2 old Delaware with a black dot on her forehead and lots of gray on her wings. She might be a mixed breed, I'm not sure. But here she is:

35jf5dt.jpg
(This is her at 4 days)

Whenever I put my hand down into the brooder, she's always the first one to come over to it when the other chicks scatter, no matter where she is, and kind of 'nuzzles' against it, it's super cute! She never shies away from me.

I'd love to see pictures of other peoples' Delawares. Chicks or not. Heck, even other breeds too! I'm just in the mood to see some adorable chicken-y pictures.

There is always a special chick in every group who knows how to turn on the charm.

In my house all the one's that are the sweetest ones are "misfits" as in they have something wrong with them... but that's just me

My favorite chick is a RSL/AL mix with pasty bottom! I know how it feels to have a favorite. it also seems like we get attatched to the misfits because of the extra care you gave to them to keep them alive.
love.gif
Chicklet is her name and her bottom is fairly nasty. We clean her often, but it just wont go away. We still love her, though! She looked just like your baby then she was little! Today she is almost 3 months old and has beautiful white/gray feathers with the iconic black ring around her neck.
love.gif

Anyway, your baby reminds me so much of my favorite! She's very adorable!

Back
Top Bottom