Sweetest Chick!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Roslyn, May 22, 2011.

1. Roslyn

Roslyn Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2011
    Cle Elum, WA
    I have the sweetest little baby chick.

So far she is my favorite, I am trying to learn not to get too attached but it is failing, she's just so irresistable (she, I hope).

She is a week 1/2 old Delaware with a black dot on her forehead and lots of gray on her wings. She might be a mixed breed, I'm not sure. But here she is:

[​IMG] (This is her at 4 days)

Whenever I put my hand down into the brooder, she's always the first one to come over to it when the other chicks scatter, no matter where she is, and kind of 'nuzzles' against it, it's super cute! She never shies away from me.

I'd love to see pictures of other peoples' Delawares. Chicks or not. Heck, even other breeds too! I'm just in the mood to see some adorable chicken-y pictures.

2. cpegram

cpegram Chillin' With My Peeps

she/he is adorable BUT....it's been my expirience [​IMG] the sweet nice ones are roos...

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2011
  3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    There is always a special chick in every group who knows how to turn on the charm.

4. weirdturkeyfreak

weirdturkeyfreak Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2010
    In my house all the one's that are the sweetest ones are "misfits" as in they have something wrong with them... but that's just me

5. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    My favorite chick is a RSL/AL mix with pasty bottom! I know how it feels to have a favorite. it also seems like we get attatched to the misfits because of the extra care you gave to them to keep them alive. [​IMG] Chicklet is her name and her bottom is fairly nasty. We clean her often, but it just wont go away. We still love her, though! She looked just like your baby then she was little! Today she is almost 3 months old and has beautiful white/gray feathers with the iconic black ring around her neck. [​IMG]

Anyway, your baby reminds me so much of my favorite! She's very adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by