Swelling under beak

Redgateroost

Chirping
Apr 9, 2018
Hello, I'm trying to figure out what's going on with my Silver Laced Wyandotte Hen. She is very swollen directly under her beak. Has been this way for a week. No other symptoms at all. No discharges from eyes or nares, no lesions or anything unusual in her mouth. She is acting completely normal with eating, drinking laying g and just running around as usually. Her crop fill up during the day and empty at night. I've examined the area and cannot see any signs that she was bitten or stung by anything. The swollen area is hard. Someone told me they had tgr same problem and used Vetrx twice a day and gave 2 LA 200 injections and it went away . So I tried that and no change as of yet. Im at a loss as to what is causing the selling. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what this is and what I should do for it. She is the only one out of a flock of 20 with this problem. All.others are fine. I've curve the area that is swollen....just at the top of the wattles are swollen as well. But the wattles themselves are not swollen. Im going to put some saline solution in her eyes today to see if it helps if its sinus related.

Attachments

• 20210406_133029.jpg
    20210406_133029.jpg
    685.1 KB · Views: 25
Is the swollen area soft or hard, smoothe or irregular? An abscess or tumor might be possible. I would keep an eye on it to see if it grows or drains, unless you can see a vet.

Back
Top Bottom