Switch from Medicated Start and Grow to Layer?

Sorry, I should have said that I switch them to a grower/finisher ration until they show signs of being ready to lay. I also will sometimes feed a Flock Raiser to all my birds, if I have younger ones mixed with the laying hens. They always have oyster shells on the side if they want them.

Oh good I have something to do with this dust and we love to spoil them. They mowed down all the grass and clover in their run and now they try to get out of the coop when we go in to feed them. I wish I could let them free range but we have 5 dogs that think of them as chicken dinner. When they are older we will build them a portable pen so they can go other places in the yard. Until them we bring them kale, broccoli and other greens.
Dorothy

hmm what would you guys recommend for chicks from when they're day olds to when they're at POL chick starter or grower?

hmm what would you guys recommend for chicks from when they're day olds to when they're at POL chick starter or grower?

Again, some companies make a Starter/Grower product. Purina is such a company. Our local feed mill is a Hubbard Feeds mill and they also only sell a product designed to do just that. Hatch to POL.

Personally, I would prefer to use a 18-20% protein starter until week 9 or 10. Switch to a Grower with 16% protein until POL. I rarely do this, because it is a bit fussy and requires yet another purchase/trip to the mill.

Back
Top Bottom